Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   The Silver Lining now released! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/27170-silver-lining-now-released.html)

cwapitm 06-27-2010 10:35 AM

This is great news! :)

Ascovel 06-27-2010 03:53 PM

This is excellent news! Also, great that the first episode is already prepared for release.

splat44 06-27-2010 06:48 PM

In additions to all excitments, I do recall saying a comment on TSL few months ago that it seems were were playing actual game in real world with all those battles that took place to find out we actually won again and again!

Intense Degree 06-29-2010 01:16 AM

Brilliant news!

I must say I really thought that it was the end second time round but I'm really pleased to be proved wrong! :D

Well done to the whole team.

Vel 07-10-2010 03:33 PM

It's out. And judging by the first hour or so into the game, it's grand. Dark and kind of nostalgic to see the green isles in full 3d...

Ascovel 07-10-2010 05:23 PM

Finished the 1st episode. Congrats to the creators as they did a really impressive job!

Overall, amazing production values (everything: graphics, music, coding, voices!) and very nice interactivity and responses in the palace and around the city.

I was a bit disappointed that this episode had only 1 puzzle to solve. Hopefully, the following ones will be more focused on providing adventure game challenges.

Vel 07-11-2010 07:39 AM

Over too soon though. Quite short.

Intense Degree 07-13-2010 06:23 AM

Played 20 minutes or so this morning and i'm very impressed so far. High production values and no shortage of details/animations etc.

Great to be back in the Land of the Green Isles!

inm8#2 07-15-2010 10:25 PM

Just installed and played for a couple minutes. Great so far!

I would think this would be getting more buzz around here...

theduramater 07-25-2010 06:07 PM

King's Quest: The Silver Lining

I can't believe no one has started talking about this game on here. Am I the only one that is excited that they seemed to have Completely Ignored KQ8? They picked up right after KQ7 (which I actually liked).

~Erin

inm8#2 07-25-2010 06:58 PM

Funny, I was going to post the same thing. Just played through Episode 1. Pretty good so far - it's light on "adventuring" but mostly sets up the story and characters. Some people may complain about outdated graphics, but it's good enough for an unpaid project.

When's Episode 2 coming out?

fov 07-26-2010 07:34 AM

AG's review is up

I enjoyed the episode -- it really felt like "coming home" after so many years. Of course I wish it had been longer with more actual gameplay, but the second episode is supposed to resolve that...

Fantasysci5 07-26-2010 08:53 AM

I really liked it, and after all that buzz on the forums, I also would have thought there would be a bit more discussion.

Like, who do you think the cloaked figure is? And what about the doomsdayer?

I keep having this irrational wish that Cedric would fly in...:P

cesarbittar 07-28-2010 01:32 AM

Aww, thanks for the awesome review!!! :D You made my day!!!

Intense Degree 07-28-2010 07:42 AM

Glad you're pleased Cesar, and seeing as you're here...

Any news on the release date for part 2? :D

cesarbittar 08-06-2010 03:01 AM

soon ;)

JackVanian 06-23-2011 09:08 AM

Hi everyone, I'd like to inform you that we (Adventure-Treff) have just published my newest interview. This time I had the pleasure of asking Cesar Bittar tons of questions about The Silver Lining, his past at Telltale Games, his special relation to the Gabriel Knight series and much more. I really hope you like the result! :)
http://www.adventure-treff.de/artike...id=81&lang=eng

Adventurere No.1 03-26-2012 02:04 PM

I m playing through the 4th episode right now, and found this thread which it seems like be forgotten .

i must say this is the best freeware game i ever played so far, developers made a great job and some hard work i don't see in big commercial Adventures sometimes.