You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2010, 03:29 AM   #21

Quote:
sorry for the numerous updates
Numerous updates are welcome!

Things are looking better and better with each one. No doubt.

I like that huge lamp.

So... when? Exactly?
Old 06-07-2010, 07:31 AM   #22
Failed Birthday Elf

New screenshots are looking very good and I agree, regular updates are brilliant!
Old 06-07-2010, 03:56 PM   #23

Thanks all!

@Lana - Haha, I like the lamp-like machine too, but unfortunately it's not a lamp. It's a mind control device the old woman uses to experiment on Anna. Hopefully that isn't a disappointment for you

As to when the game will be finished unfortunately it's going to be at least a couple of months I'm afraid, depending on how much trouble I have putting it together in AGS. I've done a few small tests but nothing like this, even though it isn't a very long game. It's because of this that I feel bad about updating so often with it being far from completion, but once the art assets are done there will probably be a break in the updates until I have a working game. Just trying to one, get feedback as I've found it very useful so far and two, generate a little interest in it

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance
Old 06-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #24

Ok so it's been a while and I figured I'd keep people at least a little updated on some recent work. I posted a screen from the intro on my website but thought I'd come share it here too . It's part of a series of pics that will illustrate a short back story to Anna and how she came to be locked away in the room.

Enjoy! (click for full res, by the way)

Old 06-29-2010, 01:18 AM   #25
Failed Birthday Elf

This game seriously looks better and better with each update.

Keep going!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:45 AM   #26

thats something i call cartoon. great!
Old 07-15-2010, 05:25 AM   #27

Thanks again guys

Something I just posted on my site since it's been a while between updates, so thought I'd come share it here too. Remember to click for full res

EDIT: Actually it should be noted while I'm here that I've made some pretty drastic changes to the puzzle design and taken quite a long debated decision to extend the game out for my major project at uni. Short of it all is that it will be much better and more involved, but won't be out until next year... But I'll cover that in better detail soon enough.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #28
J.H
Frak.

Great news! Always like to see a longer game personally. Perhaps you could give us a taster sometime though ? Maybe a demo .
Old 07-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.H View Post
Great news! Always like to see a longer game personally. Perhaps you could give us a taster sometime though ? Maybe a demo .
Yeah I personally want to get a demo finished before hand, but the policy around my masters may hold me back . We'll see. Hopefully I can come to some sort of an arrangement...

Thanks as always JH

Old 07-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #30

My opinion isn't very helpful here because I'm not all that interested in how a room looks, although I do prefer colorful over dark rooms. I only want to say that I really like Anna and would like to play any game that she is in. I also like the AGS style of graphics so that's another plus for the game from my point of view.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierramindy View Post
My opinion isn't very helpful here because I'm not all that interested in how a room looks, although I do prefer colorful over dark rooms. I only want to say that I really like Anna and would like to play any game that she is in. I also like the AGS style of graphics so that's another plus for the game from my point of view.
Hey glad to see you're interested!

I forgot to reply to the previous mention of the colour scheme differences between the rooms so I'll take this as an opportunity to do so. I'm intentionally pushing the difference - Anna's room is more like an overdone girl's room to make Anna feel at home to all the experiments. On the other hand we have the rest of the house which, as a wicked old woman who practices witchcraft would be, dark and cold and creepy in a cartoonish kind of way.

That being said, I appreciate that it was a little TOO bright so I've tried to find more of a balance. But I'm kind of with you sierramindy, I still find the bedroom to be my fave of the rooms I've made (both shown and not shown)

Thanks for following sierramindy!

Old 07-16-2010, 09:23 AM   #32

I posted yesterday without noticing there was a second page to this thread, but now that I have seen more of the artwork, I am even more sure that I am totally sold on Anna and the game. That scene with Anna and the butterfly and farmer is so great even if it isn't finished yet. I just hope it stays in the final version. In the meantime, I am enjoying every update and every comment here.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:47 AM   #33

Can't wait to see further details on this game! It's hard to pass judgement on it because I haven't played it but from what I've seen it looks really promising.

What length, estimation only, you reckon the game will last for?
Old 08-01-2010, 10:25 PM   #34

Nice try mate. Looking forward to try your game.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:51 AM   #35

Thanks for the kind words

Pandaara - it's hard for me to put an estimation on the gameplay to be honest, it's the first time I've made a game of any significance (as oppose to small tests), so a lot of the work is puzzle design is still being trialled. It won't be intended to be a particularly long game, but hopefully not so short that you complete it in one sitting (I feel confident that it will at least take a couple of sittings).

Thanks for following though guys - I appreciate it! I've mentioned that the game is quite some time away from completion (due to it being part of a university project), but alas I have a new, much smaller game that is moving along much faster while Anna's Room is on temporary hiatus. I'll post it in these forums when I have more to show...

Old 08-31-2010, 04:07 PM   #36

Ok so since it's been just about a month, I figured I should swing by here and give at least a little bit of a gift to the near 3000 (!) hits this thread has had as a token of my appreciation! Thanks so much to all that have been following - uni is still taking up all my time, but in a month or so the ball will well and truly be rolling once again...

Until then...

It's a key! Get the key, get the key!!

Old 09-01-2010, 12:33 AM   #37
Freeware Co-ordinator

That tail is dangling down a long way. Hmmmm..................

Keep us posted.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 09-01-2010, 09:07 AM   #38
Stalker of Britain

Aww; it's so cute!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-13-2010, 04:22 AM   #39

It looks really fantastic! Everything. The design is very good.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #40

Alright, I've been slack for long enough with this thread so I thought I'd come back and give it some love.

I've been working full time on this for the last few weeks and it's coming along quite nicely. Truth is a demo is just about done, but I may not be releasing it for at least a little while yet for a couple of reasons - one, the full game won't be out until at least mid next year because of it's expanding size, and two the demo has been done specifically for someone I very much admire who requested it and I don't want to screw any chances I may have of something coming out of that.

That being said, I thought I could at least put up some examples of the work I've been doing on it recently. I did a complete overhaul of the walk cycles (72 frames for all of the Anna walking cycles alone), so here's a few of Anna. For those that are into... walking.