You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Visual Novel - Have you written one?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2010, 03:57 AM   #1

Default Visual Novel - Have you written one?

Hi all,

I'm a web developer/designer, and I've just written a solid visual novel game engine, that makes it easy to assemble games from text, images, and audio.

I'm working on putting together a near-professional team for a professional (or near-professional) game to be developed - to run on multiple computer platforms.

I'll take care of swiftly putting the game together, and I'm in the process of gathering talented visual artists; but I am in dire need of a good story.

This is a call to all the writers out here, who have written an original script/story for a visual novel, or have an inspiring idea for one, and are ready to make a serious commitment, to turn this story into a game.

I will not consider fan-fiction - sorry. You have to own full copyright over your work.

Please let me know if you are interested, and will have to time to dedicate to such a project.

Than you for your attention.

Kind Regards,
Boki
Old 01-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #2

I am an amateur/semi proffesional screenwriter and being an almost lifelong fan of comic novels I must say I'm intrigued. I also have a couple of ideas that I might want to turn into a game. I just have a couple of questions first

Do you want to go anime style like most or not? Because I think a more Eurpean art style would be more in tone with my stories

How much actual playing is incoporated in your engine because I have read of visual novels that involved a bit of gameplay.

How tight is your schedule because right now I do not have a lot of free time on my hands but that will only be for a few months and this is something I would really want to make time for

Do you want it to be first or third person?

Is there only room for one protagonist or also others?

Do you have a preference in genre because all my ideas are crime-thrillers
Old 01-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #3

Hi Gray,

Depending on the nature of the story, I will select visual artists who can deliver matching and immersive art. It doesn't have to be anime style.

I don't have a preference over the type/genre of story the game features, other than that it keeps the (wide) audience hooked, and that it is tasteful, and a true work of art.

The visual novel I've built allows you to select different paths in the story. These should be crucial decisions that will affect the outcome of the story (like the character choosing to break up with his lover, or not, for example), and not a 'go left, or go right' scenario. Other than this, it currently doesn't feature other interactive options. However, if the story requires a mini-game of sorts, it is not unthinkable for me to sit down and script such a mini-game for the visual novel.

The story would be something we'd need to get started on as soon as possible. However this doesn't mean that later submitted written works will not be considered for a new game.

Usually visual novels are in a first person narrative, but if you're sure you can make it more interesting and immersive with a third person narrative, then go for it.

There is room for as many characters/protagonists as the story needs, but keep in mind that the more characters, the more art, and the longer the production time. Only use as many characters as there are needed to tell the story. Make all the characters important, and know - and in time, reveal - all your characters well.

If you're confident, please feel free to talk to me about your ideas, and about the estimated time it would take you to bring them to life, in writing.

My email address is: bojan(you-know-the-monkey-thing)aesautomation.com.au

Cheers,
Boki
Old 01-09-2010, 03:14 AM   #4

Is anyone else here interested in participating with commitment, in the making of a visual novel adventure game? Visual artists? Writers? Music composers? 'Ideas' people?
Old 01-09-2010, 04:52 AM   #5

Am I that bad a catch?

Honestly I get it. The more people to choose from, the better.
Did you get my e-mail?
Old 01-09-2010, 06:51 AM   #6

Oh no, not at all! Well, honestly, I don't know yet. But that's not why I'm asking. I am planning to make more than one game with the engine, and I'm trying to get a serious creative team together. I'm really glad that you're interested, but I need more than a few people to make this happen.

(Besides, you're only available from July, right?)

And yes, I've received your email, Gray. I've just sent you a long reply.

Cheers!
Old 01-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #7
It's Hard To Be Humble

I'm a semi-pro author who has been dabbling in unfinished game projects. I'm not sure if there's something I can do for you, but if you'd like, I'll give it some thought and see if there are a few ideas in my head not currently earmarked for other projects.