Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   LucasArts fangames - Old glories (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/25916-lucasarts-fangames-old-glories.html)

Giocherellone 12-04-2009 12:32 AM

LucasArts fangames - Old glories

Hello everyone! :D

Excuse me for my English: I'm not so good...

I'm an Italian fan of the LucasArts adventures, and all related fangames, of course.

I'm then trying to collect them all (from the various countries of the world), but it is very difficult to find the oldest ones.

I refer especially (but not only) to those of the old famous sites. Do you Remember them? For example, there were "Fangames.co.uk", "Spectacular Monkey Island", "HeavenSoft", "Double Hard Monkey-_", "Adventure Pit" and so on ...

The old sites are no longer online, and also where can I find some interesting references, it happens then the links and downloads do not work, sigh ...

I am interested in complete games, but I'd also have the demos or trailers, or some information (author, date ...) even if some game has not been completed (I'm insatiable!) :9

Is there anyone among you who still possess them, maybe in some old backups, or in an old PC in the attic?

I miss some games more 'recent', too. Maybe Later I'll try to ask if you want (I will prepare a list of what I need).

If you need, I have also different LucasArts fangames to send you (do you want a list?).

If you are kind enough to send me what you find, you could possibly upload what you have through Megaupload or however you like.

If you prefer to contact me personally, my e-mail is: [email protected]

I thank you in advantage...

Ciao ;)

Paolo

Sughly 12-04-2009 01:02 AM

I don't believe you'll get much of a response because this forum doesn't support pirating. Good place to start looking for the old LucasArts games is probably here, or maybe in your case here. Keep that old adventure spirit alive though :D

CrimsonBlue 12-04-2009 01:10 AM

I think you didn't read the post properly, Sughly. He was asking for fangames, not the "proper" games.

Sughly 12-04-2009 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue (Post 531176)
I think you didn't read the post properly, Sughly. He was asking for fangames, not the "proper" games.

Ah oops, I get him now :P I considered this -
Quote:

Originally Posted by Giocherellone (Post 531174)
I'm an Italian fan of the LucasArts adventures, and all related fangames, of course. I'm then trying to collect them all (from the various countries of the world), but it is very difficult to find the oldest ones.

in that 'collecting them all' implied the original games that he also claimed to be a fan of. My bad - sorry Giocherellone.

Little Writer 12-04-2009 03:04 AM

I didn't realize there were actually any finished fangames besides Zak McKracken 2. I only know of a few Indy games "still" in production.

Giocherellone 12-04-2009 03:12 AM

No problem, Sughly.

Do not worry...

I know my difficult with English language, forgive me for any "syntax errors" :D

Let me know if you have something that could interest me, ok?

If anyone thinks that is better I write a list of the fangames (!) I need, or the ones I own, tell me, please!

Thanks to everyone

Ciao

Erwin_Br 12-06-2009 01:58 PM

Many old fangames have been shut down after cease and desist letters from LucasArts' legal department. These titles are very hard to track down. I remember "Fate of Monkey Island", which you can read about here: http://scurvy.adventuredevelopers.com/about.html

And I also remember a fan game made by Jenny Hannula (http://www.jennula.com/) which also disappeared. I believe it was called The Treasure of Drunk Island.

Good times.

rottford 12-06-2009 03:50 PM

Ah, yes. I remember those fan games from Jenny Hannula. I believe they were called "Brother Island" -- and as I recall, they had very little to do with Monkey Island;)

Giocherellone 12-09-2009 01:17 AM

I thank everyone! :-)

I know it is difficult to remember and to find what I asked.

I'm preparing a list of what I need, maybe it will be more easy.

Do you know the reason why these games have disappeared from the web?

Even the authors seem to be vanished!!!

I thought depended on legal threats LucasArts, but a lot of those games were on the web even YEARS AFTER those events (fangames.co.uk), so I think there are other reasons.

Thank you again for all the news

Ciao

Paolo

Giocherellone 12-10-2009 02:25 AM

Good morning to everyone! :)

Here a little list of some fangames I need... I hope it'll be useful.

web site: Double 'Ard Monkey-_

- Grim Fandango - Headcatcher
- Indiana Jones - Nazi invaders
- Loom - Gull Hunter
- Maniac Mansion - Tentaclenap
- Beach Murrayball
(this first 5 games are collected together in one only game named "survivors", but I think there are the "solo" version, too!)
- Monkey Island Campaign (Monkey Island Age of empire)
- Monkey Island - The Carrabean is not enough
- Monkey Island - Escape from Melée Island
- Star Wars - The unknown hero
- Monkey Island - Super Tour of Monkey Island

web site: HeavenSoft

- LucasArts Fighter
- Balls
- Balls II
- Monkey Island Judgement Day (incomplete)
- Deadly Comets

web site: Spectacular Monkey Island

- A funny game
- A funny game 2
- Monkey Island Beta Test (demo with and without grafic)
- Monkey Island excitement (incomplete)
- Rocky Island (demo)
- The land beyond Monkey Island (demo)
- The legend of Shanty Island (demo)
- The legend of Shanty Outpost (demo)
- The mistery of Donkey Island (Denmark) (trailer and video)
- Monkey Island - The new quest (demo)
- Monkey Island - The legend of the flaming monkey (engine)

web site: Adventure Pit (become Runestone Entertainment)

- The ASAP adventure 1
- The ASAP adventure 2 (incomplete)
- Monkey Island - Mojo Island (demo)
- The secret of Monkey Island - Demo Remake

web site: Fangames.co.uk

- Star Wars - Scrolls of the ancients (incomplete)
- Star Wars - The Chalice of the Sith (Durgan Fangame)
- Grim Fandango - Indigo Island (Tech Demo)
- Monkey Island 2.5: The Plunder years (demo)

I need other, too... But I think theese are the most "easy" to find because are most popular for the fans.

Thanks for your patience :)

Hamham Chan 12-11-2009 01:03 AM

Zak McKracken Between Time And Space looks really interesting. Unfortunately the game is in german. The creators of the game are said to be working on a english language version. Hopefully well get to see it soon. :)

After a brisk nap 12-11-2009 02:16 PM

A recent fan game you might be interested in if you like the Telltale MI series is I Wonder What Happens in 'I Wonder What Happens in Tales of Monkey Island: Rise of the Pirate God': The Game.

jannar85 12-12-2009 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giocherellone (Post 531174)
I refer especially (but not only) to those of the old famous sites. ...... "Adventure Pit" and so on ...

web site: Adventure Pit (become Runestone Entertainment)

- The ASAP adventure 1
- The ASAP adventure 2 (incomplete)
- Monkey Island - Mojo Island (demo)
- The secret of Monkey Island - Demo Remake

WOW. That was unexptected. Adventure Pit / Runestone Entertainment was my old comany... I don't even knew people remembered that one. It came as a little shock to me. I think I have the games around here somewhere. A sequel to Bluecp was also in the works at one time.

Anyway, I'm glad to tell you the company is very much alive - we've changed name to 'there is no spoon', and if you follow my link in my signature, you'll get a chance to visit the Facebook-page for our upcoming game.

Your post made me feel good. ASAP Adventure 1 was a poor example as a first try, and since then, a lot has changed. Mojo Island got cancelled, as it felt too Monkey Island-ish. And I knew I could do better.

I can't tell you much yet on our upcoming game, but I can tell you that Bill Tiller commented on the story, and called it epic. So I'm excited to how it will get recieved.

Thanks again for bringing back old memories.

Atle

Giocherellone 12-14-2009 01:08 AM

WOW boys! :)

I'm happy for all this excitement!

Quote:

Zak McKracken Between Time And Space looks really interesting. Unfortunately the game is in german. The creators of the game are said to be working on a english language version. Hopefully well get to see it soon.
Got it, "Hamham Chan"! Thanks!

Quote:

A recent fan game you might be interested in if you like the Telltale MI series is I Wonder What Happens in 'I Wonder What Happens in Tales of Monkey Island: Rise of the Pirate God': The Game.
Downloaded this, too! Thanks "After a brisk nap"!

Quote:

WOW. That was unexptected. Adventure Pit / Runestone Entertainment was my old comany... I don't even knew people remembered that one. It came as a little shock to me. I think I have the games around here somewhere. A sequel to Bluecp was also in the works at one time.

Anyway, I'm glad to tell you the company is very much alive - we've changed name to 'there is no spoon', and if you follow my link in my signature, you'll get a chance to visit the Facebook-page for our upcoming game.
WOW Atle! I did not know this! I'll soon visit your page :)

Quote:

Your post made me feel good. ASAP Adventure 1 was a poor example as a first try, and since then, a lot has changed. Mojo Island got cancelled, as it felt too Monkey Island-ish. And I knew I could do better.
SLURP! If you still have all those games (demos, trailers, engines...), even if incomplete, can you send them to me, please (MegaUpload... RapidShare...)?

Quote:

I can't tell you much yet on our upcoming game, but I can tell you that Bill Tiller commented on the story, and called it epic. So I'm excited to how it will get recieved.
I do lots of good luck for your work (excuse me for my English...)

Thanks to everybody! Waiting for more news, see you soon! :D

Ciao ciao

Paolo

Giocherellone 01-19-2010 11:38 PM

Hi guys! :)

Is there anyone who knows anything about this game?

http://members.tripod.com/~the_marek/game.html

(it is no more available, sigh...)

Goldfish 01-29-2010 01:54 PM

The AGS community is filled to overflowing with (99% never completed) tribute games of this kind. :) So start your search their, LOTE Runner. :)

Giocherellone 02-01-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldfish (Post 537351)
The AGS community is filled to overflowing with (99% never completed) tribute games of this kind. :) So start your search their, LOTE Runner. :)

Here I am! :-)

Sorry for the late answer, Goldfish, and thanks for your note!

Can you link me that AGS page, please?

Matan 02-02-2010 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giocherellone (Post 532410)
- Monkey Island - The new quest (demo)

Wow, it's crazy that someone still remembers that game :)

It's a demo I wrote quite a while ago (in 1996, when I was 14). It was supposed to be a proof-of-concept for an engine that I wanted to use to program a full game for some guys from the mIRC channel who started working on the script.

I still have it if you want it. It has almost zero gameplay though, and only demos the use of the interface (the rest of the screen is black)

Giocherellone 02-03-2010 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matan (Post 537758)
Wow, it's crazy that someone still remembers that game :)

It's a demo I wrote quite a while ago (in 1996, when I was 14). It was supposed to be a proof-of-concept for an engine that I wanted to use to program a full game for some guys from the mIRC channel who started working on the script.

I still have it if you want it. It has almost zero gameplay though, and only demos the use of the interface (the rest of the screen is black)

WOW WOW WOW!

Matan! I'm so happy! :D

Of course I want it, eheheh ^_^

I have other things to ask you:
- your game was hosted in the old site "Spectacular Monkey Island". Do you have the OTHER games hosted in that site, too (or however a list of OLD LucasArts fangames, besides those I mentioned)?
- In that web site, there were TWO games with that name (from the same creator): "The new quest" and "The new quest / A new hope / The legend of the flaming monkey". Those two games are the same game or two different games?
- I have another game from that web-site, called "Guybrush's Log How to break into a mansion". Strangely, the "exe" file of that game is called "The new quest"! Can you explain me, please?

Let me know everything (I told: I'm insatiable!), ok? If you want contact me ([email protected]).

Ciao ciao

Paolo

Matan 02-03-2010 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giocherellone (Post 537848)
- your game was hosted in the old site "Spectacular Monkey Island". Do you have the OTHER games hosted in that site, too (or however a list of OLD LucasArts fangames, besides those I mentioned)?
- In that web site, there were TWO games with that name (from the same creator): "The new quest" and "The new quest / A new hope / The legend of the flaming monkey". Those two games are the same game or two different games?
- I have another game from that web-site, called "Guybrush's Log How to break into a mansion". Strangely, the "exe" file of that game is called "The new quest"! Can you explain me, please?

Well, sorry, but I do not know anything about that website or about the other games you mentioned. I was involved with only one monkey island fan game which didn't really work out (as the only thing I created was the engine and the very short demo). I'm not even sure if we're talking about the same game because I didn't know it was still available anywhere.

The only possibility I can think of is that the other guys involved in the project (can't really remember who they were) later wrote an actual game with the same name.

Anyway, I e-mailed you what I have.