Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   3d modelling (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/2591-3d-modelling.html)

VoodooFX 04-02-2004 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mares
Znas kako je brate, moj burazer vec ima "gusarizovane" Maju i Maksa.

Ha, ha, "gusarizovane". ovu rec cujem po prvi put :) Dobra fora! Ima li jos ko da nije spakovao kofere i otisao u beli svet iz bivse nam juge, ili jedini ja jos patim ovde? :)

gde ona nasa stara.... od Vardara pa do Triglava... smrc! :\

Just chit-chatting with my brothers, people... sorry :)

Kingzjester 04-02-2004 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoodooFX
Ha, ha, "gusarizovane". ovu rec cujem po prvi put :) Dobra fora! Ima li jos ko da nije spakovao kofere i otisao u beli svet iz bivse nam juge, ili jedini ja jos patim ovde? :)

gde ona nasa stara.... od Vardara pa do Triglava... smrc! :\

Just chit-chatting with my brothers, people... sorry :)

Od vardara pa do triglava,
veliko se sranje odigrava...

Ta? Hee hee hee

VoodooFX 04-02-2004 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingzjester
Od vardara pa do triglava,
veliko se sranje odigrava...

Ta? Hee hee hee

pa recimo ta... ili:

od Vardara pa do Triglava,
skupila se ceta cigana... :)

Kingzjester 04-02-2004 10:41 AM

Quote:

pa recimo ta... ili:

od Vardara pa do Triglava,
skupila se ceta cigana... :)

My version rhymes better.

VoodooFX 04-02-2004 10:54 AM

Quote:

My version rhymes better.

I think we're spamming the forum with our serbo-croatian posts. This thread is about 3d modelling, for crying out loud :)

And to stay on topic, here are 3 of my pictures i did in Lightwave 3D

http://voodoofx.slobodan.org/Projekt/

oh, and Kingz, yours does rhyme better, from now on i'll call you "Lepa Brena" ili "Saban" ;)

Kingzjester 04-02-2004 12:41 PM

Quote:

oh, and Kingz, yours does rhyme better, from now on i'll call you "Lepa Brena" ili "Saban" ;)

Dear fucking mother of dinosaur Santa Claus from Mars! I resent that!

If you really want to know, that limerick was first uttered by Bora Chorba some time in 87 on his Bora pricha gluposti album.

VoodooFX 04-02-2004 01:01 PM

Quote:

Dear fucking mother of dinosaur Santa Claus from Mars! I resent that!

Oh, come on now, no need to be resentful... i was only kidding, honest. Friends? :sad:

Kingzjester 04-02-2004 01:21 PM

My hatred for Serbian pseudofolk/country music is pure, unadulterated, total.

VoodooFX 04-02-2004 01:43 PM

Quote:

My hatred for Serbian pseudofolk/country music is pure, unadulterated, total.

So is mine, so is mine. Actually until year and a half ago, i haven't had much to do with Serbia, being born and raised in Slovenia... My grandparents live in Bosnia, so i was familiar with the music, but i never could stand it... there are few exceptions(1 or 2) as always, but otherwise... damn no wonder people keep fighting there... with music like that being listened to from childhood on... i would want to kill someone too.
Well year and a half ago i met this girl from Serbia(Cacak) over ICQ. It was love at first type i guess. So i travel to Serbia, every couple of months now, it's my second home :)

Wormsie 04-02-2004 10:38 PM

"Maju i Maksa"... don't know what that means, but it sounds way cool.

VoodooFX 04-03-2004 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadworm222
"Maju i Maksa"... don't know what that means, but it sounds way cool.

it means Maya and Max(as 3D Studio Max) :D

Henke 04-03-2004 05:51 AM

I have used Maya and 3D studio max and I can safely say that I prefer Maya. The renderer is slightly better in Max, but since the menues IMO is so damn bad it sometimes makes modelling a nightmare I deffinately prefer Maya.

Kingzjester 04-03-2004 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henke
I have used Maya and 3D studio max and I can safely say that I prefer Maya. The renderer is slightly better in Max, but since the menues IMO is so damn bad it sometimes makes modelling a nightmare I deffinately prefer Maya.

Max interface doesn't bother me at all.

Ninja Dodo 04-03-2004 02:16 PM

It's an acquired taste... hardly intuitive. Maya isn't exactly a wonder of logic either though. It's slightly more understandable than MAX on first sight, I will admit, but some things are hidden and hidden well.

That's the nice thing about trueSpace. It's got an awesome interface. It just doesn't have quite the same functionality and flexibility as the others. If it did it'd blow them out of the water.

Whichever program you use though, the trick to good workflow always comes down to setting hotkeys that you're comfortable with for the tools you use most.

Henke 04-03-2004 04:46 PM

Quote:

Max interface doesn't bother me at all.

So I guess you haven't tried Maya then.

swatson 06-17-2004 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mares
I wanna teach myself 3d modelling. Which program is easier to learn for a newbie, 3d studio max, or maya? Any tips on good material to use when learning them? Do they provide good tutorials themselves? Thanks

Does any one know were I can find a downloadable version of Maya 5 beginner’s guide?

VoodooFX 06-17-2004 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swatson
Do you know were I can find a downloadable version of Maya 5 beginner’s guide?

Welcome to the forums swatson, i'm sorry to inform you, but you're not allowed to make such requests here. If your looking for some nice beginner's tutorial for Maya, then try Google. There are LOTS of free tutorials that can be easily found if you just give some effort to the cause.

swatson 06-17-2004 07:31 AM

Quote:

Welcome to the forums swatson, i'm sorry to inform you, but you're not allowed to make such requests here. If your looking for some nice beginner's tutorial for Maya, then try Google. There are LOTS of free tutorials that can be easily found if you just give some effort to the cause.

Thank you, I did not know that I could not ask these type of question.

Steve

Kingzjester 06-17-2004 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swatson
Thank you, I did not know that I could not ask these type of question.

Steve

Sure you can, just do it in a language that administrators and mods don't understand. :shifty:

VoodooFX 06-17-2004 10:39 AM

Quote:

Sure you can, just do it in a language that administrators and mods don't understand. :shifty:

Nemoj da te posaljem u cosak, pa da camis 2-3 sata :P