You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2009, 11:47 PM   #1

Default An Adventure Game Map in Warcraft 3

Hey there!
I'm new to this site, si I guess this is my introduction, aswell as my first plea for help from you guys.

There's a strategy game called Warcraft 3. And it has one of the most awesome map editors ever. Really.( I've seen FPS(first person shooters) out there made by this thing!)

I've been making maps with it for years now, but now there's an idea that hopefully sounds just as awesome to you as it did to me:

I intend to make a map that'll resemble the adventure games of old, like Monkey Island and Grim Fandango!
Or something very much like it, I hope! ><

I already have the basic idea how the whole thing will work,(Camera, Inventory, etc) but I have one HUGE gaping problem that I need you guys to help me solve:

The story.

I just cannot decide what to base it upon! I need your ideas and opinions to actually find a topic I can stick to!

I already have two ideas, but of course any new ones would be welcome as well!

1.) Greg the Gruesome Ghoul
-Played in a more-or-less generic fantasy world, our brave hero awakens to find himself knocked out of the daily routine of soldiering, and into the deep cells of the very necromancers whose army he's been conscripted against four years ago! While the undead he met on the battlefield were slavering idiots, he, however, seems to have got no problem thinking about more than where the next brain for lunch is.
Armed with nothing more then his wit, his cunning, and an insatiable hunger for brains, Greg is carried, prodded and chased around the world to uncover an evil plot, and meet all sorts of interesting people in his quest to find a place where the undead can live okay.

2.) Sniffer

-Vido Mathens is a yennork, a werewolf who cannot change. Right now he's knee deep in blood, and that's the least of it.
What with one of the greatest enemies of the patrician running loose, and Ankh-Morpork in chaos, Vido has one chance to clear his family name, not to mention his execution date. And the city might not be destroyed in the process.
To save his life, the yennork must go on a hunt leading all the way to far Omnia in search of a man who truly believes in walking a mile in someone else's shoes. He's rich, he's mad and he's not alone.
There are times, when even a degenerate werewolf would welcome a full moon.
//Based on the famous Discworld Novels by Terry Pratchett//

As stated before, any ideas, feedback, and suggestions would be welcome!
Thanks a bunch.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:35 AM   #2

That's a cunning plan, tu use Warcraft 3 editor for Adventures

I really like the second plan, because of Omnia - I have a little sentiment for it because of Small Gods - by T.P. Placing the story in a sort of well known universe of Dicworld may be a good idea for a first enterprise - good luck to you
Old 11-27-2009, 11:10 PM   #3

Well, that's one of the reason why I cannot chooose: The Discworld is a well known universe, so a game based on that might get more attention, and might be appriciated more, however...

I agree that Discworld, and Ommnia, especially, are awesome as hell (My first discworld book was Small Gods), but a new world has no limitations, however minute those might be, and no preconcieved images are in peoples' head about the characters.

Decisions, decisions...

Meh, I guess the next logical step is to make in deciding what it should be is to build a demo version of both stories, make some videos and screenshots...unless ofcourse you fellows have warcraft 3!