You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2009, 02:20 AM   #1

Default Space Quest II Trailer

Hi everyone! I thought I'd drop by and present the new trailer for Space Quest II Remake by Infamous Adventures. Hope you all like it, as you'll tell we went for the classic 50's look. In the trailer of course, the game uses normal colours.

http://www.infamous-adventures.com/i...iew&topic=3246

Hope you all like it, and we'll notify you all when the game is released. Thanks!
Old 08-03-2009, 03:00 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

The trailer is really nice and even if SQ2 must be my least favorite of the series I'll be sure to check it out when it's released!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 08-03-2009, 03:10 AM   #3
Banned User

SQ2 was my least favorite because of its really dated visuals. It just gave it a dark and sometimes creepy atmosphere...even if it wasn't suppose to be anything like that. The first game was almost like that, but thankfully Sierra remade it.

I'd love to see a SQ3 remake by IA or AGDInteractive.

Are you guys going to include Voice Overs? I'd love to hear that Space Quest 4 narrator one more time.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:54 AM   #4

I love the trailer. You nailed that 50's sci-fi style.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #5

interesting...

while I commend you for your work and will most likely play your version when it is out.. have to ask... why? All the time and effort it takes to make this why not just make your own game with your own characters? While remakes like kings quest and quest for glory 2 and stuff are way cool... and we all appreciate it.. I mean well. why not make a NEW game? Also, why so low resolution?
Old 08-07-2009, 07:49 AM   #6
Elegantly copy+pasted

The 256-color VGA era is considered the golden age of adventure games by many players, and is looked upon fondly by those who have an interest in retro-adventures.

Also, that's the style that most of Sierra's own remakes used (e.g. Quest for Glory 1, Leisure Suit Larry 1, Police Quest 1, Space Quest 1), and by remaking the remaining CGA/EGA games, the whole series get a fairly consistent look. For example, Quest for Glory 1-4 and King's Quest 1-6 (except 4) now all come in versions with a VGA-like look, which can make playing through them all a smoother experience.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #7
J.H
Frak.

Looks great good luck.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:52 AM   #8

Any word on this? (+ your other projects)