You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2009, 06:54 PM   #1

Default Myst Interactive - Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXMI7e2m278&feature=player_profilepage

This is a game I created based on the Myst series. I used youtube's annotations to link all the videos together, let me know what you think!
Old 07-31-2009, 05:39 AM   #2
the midnight rambler

Hi wall28,

My main problem with this is the break in each movement as you load or reload each page. This is of course intrinsic to this method of interaction and will vary depending on your connection but it does fragment the experience. I would however, like to commend you on your unorthodox use of Youtube! Very interesting.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:21 AM   #3

Yeah, I got the idea from youtube streetfighter a while back. It works, you just need a fast connection lol.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #4
Banned User

Too bad this doesn't work like the 'Relate Videos' feature at the end of a video.

Basically, after the video ends, it brings up a menu of related videos. When you click on them in full screen, it instantly loads the video and no page changing. That would of helped these sort of games a lot.

It would be great if youtube started support FMV games and made it an option for their service. A lot of possibilities.

Off topic: The fmv service could preload the videos connected to the currently playing video, so that when you click on a button, the next video will already be loaded. Same goes for caching or maybe the ability to load all connect videos.

You know, someone can even make there own Tube site just for FMV games. I'd do it, but i'm really busy.

I wonder if you can play this game in embeded form.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
Too bad this doesn't work like the 'Relate Videos' feature at the end of a video.

Basically, after the video ends, it brings up a menu of related videos. When you click on them in full screen, it instantly loads the video and no page changing. That would of helped these sort of games a lot.

It would be great if youtube started support FMV games and made it an option for their service. A lot of possibilities.

Off topic: The fmv service could preload the videos connected to the currently playing video, so that when you click on a button, the next video will already be loaded. Same goes for caching or maybe the ability to load all connect videos.

You know, someone can even make there own Tube site just for FMV games. I'd do it, but i'm really busy.

I wonder if you can play this game in embeded form.
I might be wrong but I don't think we can play this game in it's embeded form!
Any comments anyone?