Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   Making my own adventure. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/2505-making-my-own-adventure.html)

SOG-Karimi 03-17-2004 04:57 AM

Making my own adventure.

Hey everyone , first timer here so go easy on me .

Im thinking of making a point and click adventure game , good looking and professional. Im looking for a program that is easy to use , free , and can make a game look very nice (customizable). By easy to use i mean little programming knowledge involved.

I want to be able to have custom sound/voices , cursor , backgrounds etc.

dave_minall 03-17-2004 05:55 AM

AGS is what you want http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk ll need programming skills to make a good game though.

SOG-Karimi 03-17-2004 06:15 AM

Im trying to make something like Out of Time , or Bad timing.

Can it do that ?

Czar 03-17-2004 06:56 AM

Yeah, but it really isn't too hard to learn it enough for your need, cause there is always the tech, and begginers tech forums, and ofcourse the oh-so-good tutorial...

SOG-Karimi 03-17-2004 07:53 AM

How bout sludge or wintermule ?

Kingzjester 03-17-2004 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOG-Karimi
Hey everyone , first timer here so go easy on me .

Im thinking of making a point and click adventure game , good looking and professional. Im looking for a program that is easy to use , free , and can make a game look very nice (customizable). By easy to use i mean little programming knowledge involved.

I want to be able to have custom sound/voices , cursor , backgrounds etc.

I want a flying carpet that will take me to the moon so that I may sing among those stars. While i'm at it, I want world peace, and I want everybody to be rich enough to have pure water and enough food to eat. I want a summer cottage in the Himalayas, on the Chinese side. I want a car that uses less gas than a zippo lighter, that needs no fixin' ever, that will drive me wherever I need to go with with a simple order. I wanna be able to tell it, Car, take me to Austin, and then take an hour's nap, but you know, it ain't gonna happen.

ragnar 03-17-2004 08:29 AM

Welcome to Vienna Kingz! Oh, you didn't say Austria? :D

SOG-Karimi 03-17-2004 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingzjester
I want a flying carpet that will take me to the moon so that I may sing among those stars. While i'm at it, I want world peace, and I want everybody to be rich enough to have pure water and enough food to eat. I want a summer cottage in the Himalayas, on the Chinese side. I want a car that uses less gas than a zippo lighter, that needs no fixin' ever, that will drive me wherever I need to go with with a simple order. I wanna be able to tell it, Car, take me to Austin, and then take an hour's nap, but you know, it ain't gonna happen.

I want a serious answer , if not serious i want a funny answer, i want you to stop being an idiot, if i wanted an idiot i would have sent you a pm.

EDIT : sorry im being a jerk , its just that im trying to get a decent answer.

Trumgottist 03-17-2004 01:39 PM

Quote:

I'm using Sludge and like it a lot. It doesn't meet all the criterias in your inital post, since it costs $50.00 which obviously means that it's not free. But OTOH $50 isn't much and I think it's worth it. You also ask for little programming knowledge. With Sludge, you have to do some programming, but it's mostly easy and we Sludgers are generally friendly and glad to help with any problems you may get. (As dave_minall says, you can't avoid it completely regardless of authoring system.)

The best advice I can give is to take a look at the different engines yourself. Sludge, AGS and AGAST has proven that they can be used create the game you want. Wintermute looks promising too, even though AFAIK no game has been made with it yet.

(BTW, shouldn't this be in the Underground forum?)

Kingzjester 03-17-2004 03:08 PM

Quote:

I want a serious answer , if not serious i want a funny answer, i want you to stop being an idiot, if i wanted an idiot i would have sent you a pm.

EDIT : sorry im being a jerk , its just that im trying to get a decent answer.

HAAH! Do you know how idiotic your initial post sounds? Just step away a few feet and look at it again. What is wrong with all my wishes? I think they are perfectly in order, considering this is one of those absurd wish threads.

Do you know who you're messing with, man? Huh? Do ya? I can eat you for breakfast, grasshopper! Get outta my sight, fool! Go waste someone else's time! And don't PM me, please, I don't want an idiot either.

AGA 03-17-2004 03:13 PM

There are a lot of amateur engines to choose from, I don't really know which one to recommend as the best...

Jake 03-17-2004 03:19 PM

kingz calm down

Kingzjester 03-17-2004 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake
kingz calm down

I am calm. I am always calm. I also always yell. But I commonly tend to use few exclamation points, so you don't really hear me.

SOG-Karimi 03-17-2004 07:55 PM

Quote:

HAAH! Do you know how idiotic your initial post sounds? Just step away a few feet and look at it again. What is wrong with all my wishes? I think they are perfectly in order, considering this is one of those absurd wish threads.

Do you know who you're messing with, man? Huh? Do ya? I can eat you for breakfast, grasshopper! Get outta my sight, fool! Go waste someone else's time! And don't PM me, please, I don't want an idiot either.

Heh i guess it is funny , but im just making what i want clear.

DustCropper 03-17-2004 10:37 PM

Welcome to the forums, SOG-Karimi. I used to live in the United Arab Emirates, so I guess we used to be neighbors :) Well, sort of...

Sorry but I can't really help here, I know nothing about adventure game development.

Maquisard 03-17-2004 10:38 PM

Quote:

Well, a winter mule could give you a ride to kingz' cottage in the Hymalayas... ;)

Mnemonic 03-17-2004 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trumgottist
Wintermute looks promising too, even though AFAIK no game has been made with it yet.

There's Sofia's Debt, Dreams demo, and Five magical amulets is nearing completion. And, of course, there's the award winning Wilma Tetris ;)

Glenn Epic 03-18-2004 12:31 AM

Take it easy Kingz, he is new. He stated so in his first line.

Kingzjester 03-18-2004 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New_Order
Take it easy Kingz, he is new. He stated so in his first line.

Yes, you see, I've never really lashed out at anyone (except at Stinger, repeatedly, but he doesn't count) so I figured I'd give this n00b a swift baptism by fire.

It seemed a good idea at the time. And it wasn't such a bad one in restrospect.

Tom_K 03-18-2004 08:43 PM

Quote:

...so I figured I'd give this n00b a swift baptism by fire.

Ah, I can remember my own with a sort of nostalgic strychnine.

Our fearless leader posted a topic in this thread that you might find interesting. If you want to pick up the free tweakness that is Wintermute you can go here. Or even here: http://www.dead-code.org/index2.php/en