Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   Mapoco Mountain (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/24825-mapoco-mountain.html)

J.H 06-03-2009 02:02 PM

Mapoco Mountain

After several months my game is finally back on track. It's far from finished but I thought I'd just let you know about it. Daniel Thomas has done a great job on the new artwork.

http://i40.tinypic.com/5by692.png
Screenshot

Info
Mapoco Mountain is the first game being developed by Law 24 Studios. It’s a 2D point and click adventure based in a fantasy world of subtle satire and brief comedy. The game also has serious undertones with a submersing storyline. Can you help Malakey discover himself? Will he conquer his greatest fears and fulfill his destiny? Or will he stay hidden in Elkwood Forest for years to come? Take Malakey on a journey and get lost in the wondrous land of Astrumn Earth.

“Down on his luck and uncertain of his future after losing his job as an apprentice clockmaker, Malakey is looking for a little adventure in his life. Whilst drowning his sorrows one night, he accidentally stumbles across something sinister. Something dangerous and corrupt. He soon discovers that his knowledge of a strange plan could endanger his own life. Has he bitten off more than he can chew? Play as Malakey, an underdog reluctantly pushed into the role of becoming a hero. Scale a fantasy world of satire and comedy, interact with weird and wonderful characters, solving puzzles and discovering hidden truths lost in history.”

Release Date
Possibly late 2010 depending on financial support.

Help Required
We need help with pretty much everything at the moment so if you feel you could seriously help this project in some way get in touch with me at [email protected].

Also the blog will be updated now and then so be sure to check it out every so often.

eriq 06-03-2009 05:16 PM

ooh! Moody and beautiful graphics. Keep up the great work - makes me want to point, click, and see much more!

Toefur 06-04-2009 02:27 AM

Looks really nice, I will keep my eyes on this.

J.H 06-04-2009 06:36 AM

Thanks guys, a demo should be available soon.

JohnGreenArt 06-04-2009 07:10 AM

That looks very nice!

J.H 06-04-2009 10:24 AM

Thanks man, the artist really has a talent.

Ascovel 06-04-2009 11:24 AM

Is this from the same artist as before? Looks great, but also a bit different than the previous backgrounds.

J.H 06-04-2009 11:30 AM

No it's a new artist. Thanks, we've gone for a much more professional feel now.

Fantasysci5 06-04-2009 08:15 PM

It really does look gorgeous. So moody. Great job, I'm excited.

J.H 06-06-2009 02:47 PM

Thanks, that's the mood we were hoping for and I think it's been created very well.

heribertovalle 06-10-2009 04:37 PM

That looks incredibly beautiful. VERY GOOD JOB. Can you bear my children? You're just too awesome sir.

J.H 06-11-2009 08:59 AM

lol Thanks heribertovalle, it's hard working with just a small team as I'm sure you know with your game but finding financial backing is proving to be very hard lol. I still hope to finish this game though.

heribertovalle 06-15-2009 09:33 PM

Well. everything that's worth, is worth all the effort. So keep up the good fight. the game is looking VERY good.

J.H 06-16-2009 07:06 AM

Very true, finally we're starting to get some interest as well from helpful people. I'll upload a playable demo with in the next few months I hope.

heribertovalle 06-21-2009 01:06 PM

well I'll be looking forward to it.

Say, I saw that you were looking for some help in the Conceptart Forums, did you manage to find somone?

J.H 06-21-2009 01:57 PM

We did thanks but we're trying to pay them and they've kind of vanished lol. Looks like we'll need to start looking again.

heribertovalle 06-25-2009 07:33 AM

though luck. I know of a Flash animator who's quite competent, and interested on Indy games to boot. Want me to contact him for you?

J.H 06-25-2009 08:06 AM

Ah that could be great, is he reasonably priced too lol?

heribertovalle 06-26-2009 07:13 AM

Well that's something you'll have to negotiate with him. Can you send me an email to my hotmail address so as to relay it to him so he can contact you and negotiate? I'll tell him to keep the price down if he's able to. My address is [email protected]

J.H 06-26-2009 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heribertovalle (Post 514541)
Well that's something you'll have to negotiate with him. Can you send me an email to my hotmail address so as to relay it to him so he can contact you and negotiate? I'll tell him to keep the price down if he's able to. My address is [email protected]

Ok thanks man I'll send it next week I'm leaving town for a week later.

J.H 07-17-2009 12:44 PM

Small Update

A new member has been added to the team, Andrei Constantinescu will be helping us with voice overs and providing us with some great music and ambience.

Here's a sample of his work.

Silverwolf Sample
This will not feature in the final game though, more of that coming soon.

Trumgottist 07-17-2009 12:56 PM

Sounds good!

J.H 09-20-2009 07:48 AM

Hi everyone, the game is still in production btw, had a few emails asking if it had died lol. I made a little site to keep progress for those interested.

http://www.mapocomountain.tk/

J.H 09-20-2009 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mapoco (Post 517087)
Small Update

A new member has been added to the team, Andrei Constantinescu will be helping us with voice overs and providing us with some great music and ambience.

Here's a sample of his work.

Silverwolf Sample
This will not feature in the final game though, more of that coming soon.

Reverse this update sadly.

J.H 10-17-2009 03:48 PM

Sneak peak of some new artwork

http://www.danielthomas.se/upload/Mapoco/dorothy2.jpg

Also, we're looking for a 3D modeller http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=3896.0

Any help would be great thanks.

Fantasysci5 10-18-2009 12:22 PM

Oh wow! That character looks awesome!!!! Love his face!

J.H 10-20-2009 08:31 AM

lol thanks, his expressions are formed from the lines etc it's gonna look great.

Ascovel 10-20-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mapoco (Post 526721)
lol thanks, his expressions are formed from the lines etc it's gonna look great.

Rorschach's little brother? ;)

J.H 01-01-2010 06:05 PM

lool ^^

Twitter Feedback for Development

Hi everyone, just to say progress is going great the demo should be ready by next month.

Also If you're on twitter be sure to follow us www.twitter.com/mapocomountain. All day tomorrow and Sunday we'll be tweeting asking for your opinions on what makes adventure games great. We'll be asking questions like what are your favourite kind of puzzles, characters, mechanics? etc. The feedback we receive will help us make a better well rounded game for everyone and will help with the development of Mapoco Mountain. Also follow for the latest updates first :D.

Thanks,
JJ.

mylesb 01-06-2010 12:04 AM

Hi guys,
We are getting close to finishing the demo and would like to get some feedback on some gameplay mechanics.

- How does everyone feel about the music system that is in Broken Sword and Runaway (also others). It works in a way that after a certain amount of time or when something in story happens the music comes on and any other times it's just ambience. Would people rather have the music playing all the time?

Cheers,
Myles Blasonato.

JohnGreenArt 01-06-2010 09:14 PM

I like the method of music changing when something in the story happens, like you mention in Broken Sword, etc. It feels a little more immersive that way, as the player's actions affect the world in the game.

mylesb 01-07-2010 01:50 AM

Great! Thanks for the feedback. This is the way we are using right now but we wanted to get more feedback on it as there is a discussion in our team about it.

Cheers,
Myles Blasonato.

J.H 03-24-2010 04:00 AM

This project is still going on but is taking some major changes. This thread will be locked, a new one will be made when more news is available.