You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2009, 06:34 PM   #1

Default The Jonestown Conspiracy

Hello People,

Just thought I would shamelessly plug my freeware amateur adventure game entitled The Jonestown Conspiracy. For anyone who doesn't know what Jonestown is about here is quick synopsis:

Jonestown was the informal name for the "Peoples Temple Agricultural Project", an intentional community in northwestern Guyana formed by the Peoples Temple, a cult from California, United States, led by Jim Jones. It became internationally notorious in November 1978, when 918 people died in the settlement as well as in a nearby airstrip and in Georgetown, Guyana's capital. The name of the settlement became synonymous with the incidents at those locations.

On November 18, 1978, 909 Temple members died in Jonestown, all but two from apparent cyanide poisoning in an event termed "revolutionary suicide" by Jones and some members on an audio tape of the event and in prior discussions. To the extent the actions in Jonestown were viewed as a mass suicide, it is the largest such event in modern history and resulted in the largest single loss of American civilian life in a non-natural disaster until the events of September 11, 2001.

Anyway, the game itself is based in 2009 so over twenty years since the incident happened. You take the role of journalist Evan Michaels as he discovers that one of the survivors commits suicide many years later. Only to find a connection between this incident and the recent death.

The game itself does not try to make propaganda or shock people with the actually mass murder/suicide itself. But is trying to re-tell the story to people of our current generation that may not have known about such a tragic event.

Anyway the game is being released in episodic content and the first episode is being launched in August. Below are some screenshots of the game for you to look at. And if you would like to know more, check out my website at http://xenogiagames.com.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:56 AM   #2

hey! those graphics look rather unique. Quite original! I'll be looking forward to this.

Shades of Violet: Song of the Clockwork Princess - Real soon!
Old 06-01-2009, 01:03 PM   #3
aye, aye!

It sounds great! Can't wait for it to release
Website with Fansites [thornleaf.se]
Old 06-01-2009, 01:24 PM   #4

Thanks for your kind words, well the release date is on schedule. Though I am having issues with reliable people for voice acting..lol
Old 06-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #5
aye, aye!

Ouch. :/ Wish I could help, but since I'm swedish my accent would probably ruin the experience :/ Best of luck though, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Website with Fansites [thornleaf.se]
Old 06-01-2009, 01:34 PM   #6

Well if you can put on a neutral accent of sorts you can definitely help out if you like.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:22 AM   #7
Stalker of Britain

I wanted to try out your game, but the link isn't working.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #8
NO senior just Senorita..

http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/a...episode-01/69/
Old 09-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #9
Stalker of Britain

Thanks Ursulla. I still didn't see a link to download the game. I'm guessing it's not finished yet?
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #10
NO senior just Senorita..

Yep...
you can also click on the developer name to see more details...