You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Frantic Franko: A Bergzwerg Gone Berserk

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Default Frantic Franko: A Bergzwerg Gone Berserk

Hey, everyone,

I'm another one of those that are making an adventure game! Below is some marketing blurb I wrote for it and this May (but late May) there will be a demo.

1. The Story

The game is set in a fantasy world, but in one which despite considerable grit shouldn't be treated with too much seriousness. Especially since items like carnival balloons or melted-sandwich-on-a-stick may sometimes play a big role in getting things done. The game is set in a fantasy world. The main hero of the story is a ferocious dwarven warrior called Frantic Franko. As the game begins he goes on a long journey to a far away land just to get to the guy from a rival clan who unforgivably insulted his own. And the challenge is considerable as the offender is none other than the notorious Kinky Koval. Yet it won't be easy for Franko to reach Koval in one piece. In fact it’s during the journey that his real problems and the true story start while revenge starts to become an even more important issue…

2. The Main Hero

…really isn’t a nice person. Actually he is something of an egoistic, sadistic psycho. He has a mother complex, problems with verbal communication, a tendency to attack anything that moves with his axe, and other appropriate quirks.

Also, Franko is nearly blind (blinder even than most other dwarfs as he lost one of his eyes) so he catches the scents of things instead of looking at them. And what of an accute sense of smell he has indeed - ideal for examining hotspots in the game. Most importantly though, Franko is also equipped with a highly destructive nature in consequence of which he chooses swing his axe at things as the primary action when interacting with game objects.

3. Game Features

- a short-sighted, foul-mouthed anti-hero with a strong revenge motif and who constantly smells his way either into or out of trouble

- hand-drawn third person adventure presented in stunning 16 bit SVGA graphix

- wacky puzzle solving focused gameplay

- Full Throttle/Curse of Monkey Island style "verbcoin" interface with some little, neat twists

- yet another AGS (Adventure Game Studio) created incredible virtual world

- three completely different environments - each with its own style, mood, pacing and ways of dealing with problems

- the innovative "a persuasive dwarf's bag of junk" conversation system - Franko's special equipment that helps him to manipulate conversations in exactly the way he desires, or at least makes him to appear as a complete fool, but allows to get the job done nevertheless
Old 04-29-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
Stalker of Britain

Looks good.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 05-04-2009, 03:48 AM   #3
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Thanks. Hopefully, it will be fun to play as well.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:58 AM   #4
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Frantic Franko will be soon introduced to the public in a quite bulky demo.

In the meantime I'm looking for additional beta-testers. Anyone interested? PM me if you are.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:41 AM   #5
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Default Frantic Franko DEMO Released!!!

Finally I've finished the demo. It seems to me I've put in plenty of content, even though there are 3 locations in it. Hope you find it interesting and will have fun with the bag of junk.

All puzzles have proper hints and there are also alternative solutions to some. It's all quite non-linear, but don't be overwhelmed by the amount of stuff that one can try and enjoy the freedom to do some really crazy things (some cool ones are completely optional).

Download it here or here.

And here is the official bluecup game demo page.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:50 AM   #6
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

this looks charming. downloading now...
Old 07-07-2009, 01:13 PM   #7
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Based on the feedback I got I fixed a couple of problems - more design than bugs.

The new, updated version is available here.

New updates not coming any time soon, so hope you'll like this one.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:51 AM   #8
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Hey everyone. The game is taking me longer than expected - in part because of my rising ambitions in regard of features and production values I would like it to have.

However, the demo (now with samples of the voice-overs) has just won the Best Demo Award at The AGS Awards 2009 which made me feel very proud, and which compels me to try to work faster to finish the full version.

Once in a while I'm releasing updated WIPs of the demo fragment to be available to anyone interested. You can find them, as well as the awarded version here.

All feedback you can give me will be of immense help.