You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
tsa
Playing character

Default Tale of Two Kingdoms

I just started on A Tale of Two Kingdoms. Has anyone of you played it? Did you like it? Why?
Old 04-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #2

I really enjoyed it. It feels like a classic Sierra-esque high fantasy adventure. And it's the single most ambitious amateur game I've ever played. It was just so huge and sprawling. So much to do and see, so many paths. (And so many ways to die or get stuck, unfortunately, that was something else it had in common with old school Sierra. But being occasionally glued to the walkthrough wasn't that much of a hardship.)
Old 04-09-2009, 11:15 PM   #3
tsa
Playing character

I really hate the dieing, especially when there are ways to avoid it but they are not allowed by the game. So I had to quit after being stabbed to death about ten times. The game is too Sierra-like for me. Pity because the review and also your recommendation sounded so promising.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:36 AM   #4
SSH
Super Scottish Hero

Well, at least you don't randomly fall into rivers and die like KQ1VGA. I think that there's usually a good reason for your death when it occurs in ATOTK and not just because Sierra couldn't write a decent pathfinder.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #5

I felt like there was too much to do and I had no idea what or why I was supposed to do it. All the different paths made me feel like I was going to get stuck, and I probably did because I never progressed.

On the other hand, it's amazing in that it feels like a real commercial sierra game, looks amazing, and is definitely epic. Maybe I'll try it again with a walkthrough. I can't honestly tell anyone it isn't worth downloading.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:46 PM   #6
tsa
Playing character

Maybe I should try again with a walkthrough nearby.