You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2009, 06:37 PM   #1
Old lady who loves games

Default Alühn

Has anyone played this game yet. It was first released in German, so I tormented the life out of the guys over at P&C DK to translate it to English and Baelavay did an excellent job at the translation.

It's an old school type point and click adventure. The graphics are excellent. If anyone is interested in playing it you can pick it up at my site. You don't have to join you can just grab it and run. You'll find it in the Finished Projects area. Don't forget to download the English patch for it. There are instructions on how to use the patch, it's basically just copy it over to the appropriate area.

At the moment they are working on a sequel, not sure if they'll translate it to English though. Hope someone will enjoy the game.

http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
Old 02-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #2
Elegantly copy+pasted

Link, please?
Old 02-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
Old lady who loves games

Hi, actually it might be a good idea to go here for the game till I get the problem solved on my site. You can still get the English patch from my site. Sorry for the inconvenience

http://www.aluehn.de/download.html

Last edited by StarLite; 02-21-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
Seeker Of Red Herring(s)

Hi,

I downloaded the game and the patch from that forum and the game archive is incomplete according to Winrar. I downloaded it twice just to make sure my original transfer wasn't the glitch.

alehnfinal.zip (18,841,108 bytes) ... Unexpected end of archive.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #5
Old lady who loves games

Sorry about the problem you had. We're checking into it at the moment but if you want to try to download the game you can go right to Alühn's site, but keep the English patch. You can get it at the Alühn address in the above message. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by StarLite; 02-21-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:47 AM   #6
Elegantly copy+pasted

...And now you've edited out the explanation of where on your message board to find the patch. It's almost as if you're deliberately making it difficult to get the game.

So for the sake of anyone else interested in this game, here are the necessary links:
Alühn download page ( download) ( savegame patch)
English translation thread ( download)

See how much easier that is?
Old 02-22-2009, 01:19 PM   #7
Old lady who loves games

Quote:
Originally Posted by After a brisk nap View Post
...And now you've edited out the explanation of where on your message board to find the patch. It's almost as if you're deliberately making it difficult to get the game.

See how much easier that is?
It's a good thing there's a genius like you here.

I edited the message to try to direct people to where to download the game. It was corrupted on my site.

The game was made by a friend which I don't mind promoting his game because I think he did an excellent job with it.

I don't know what your problem is but is it necessary for you to be so sarcastic.

I couldn't upload the game from my computer so another party had to do it for me. And for future reference I don't do anything on anyone's site underhanded or shifty and I resent your snide comments.

I edited the messages because I didn't want to confuse people, SORRY. I won't bother posting anything else.

If I'm not welcome on this site then come right out and say so instead of beating around the bush.

Old 02-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #8
Seeker Of Red Herring(s)

Quote:
I won't bother posting anything else.
Why would you let someone get to you like that?

Don't.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #9
Old lady who loves games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikane Zaprick View Post
Why would you let someone get to you like that?

Don't.
You know Mikane, you're right. I'm not the first person this guy's been a total jerk to so if he stays away from me, I'll stay away from him, and that would suit me fine.

Did you get Alühn to finally work and what did you think of it. I hope they release the second version in English. The screenshots to Alühn 2 are amazing. Let me know how far you get in the game, I got as far as trying to make the Vodka in the bathtub, but haven't got past that part yet. But I've also been very busy lately.

Well hope you enjoy the game and you don't have any problems with it. Thank you for your kind gesture. I like this site, I think I'll hang around for awhile. Take care

Old 02-28-2009, 10:22 AM   #10
Super Moderator

StarLite, if you are having a problem with someone, please let the mods know. It's never helpful to get into a fight with someone in a thread.

Edit: I forgot to add that of course you're welcome here at the forums.

Last edited by Melanie68; 02-28-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:39 PM   #11
Old lady who loves games

Hey Melanie, thank you for your kind words and advice. As far as I'm concerned the situation is resolved and over with.

Sometimes certain attitudes need to be taken down with an enrollment in the school of hard knocks. I don't like controversy and with my health the way it is I can't afford to be getting into tiffs with people. But like I said, it's over with.

Did you get a chance to play Alühn? I don't get as much time to play games as I would like. Trying to complete my own game and keeping to a healthy schedule tends to put game playing on the back burner right now. Plus I don't buy games my brother-in-law buys them and lends them to me, so I have to wait till he gets a new game. Although I am looking forward to the new Gobliins game when it comes out. I will be sure to make time for that one.

Personally I like playing the freeware games more than the commercial games, unless they're indie commercial. I like to support the indie artists.

Thank you once again for your nice message, it's much appreciated. Hopefully there won't be a next time but if there is I'll just ignore it as best I can. Take care