You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Bleating Sheep Theater - Drinking With God

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
Yossi Horowitz

Default Bleating Sheep Theater - Drinking With God

Hi there,

My name is Yossi Horowitz, and I've built a short game called Drinking With God, the first in a series of interactive comedy sketches called Bleating Sheep Theater. I've included some screenshots with this post.

Since there are no puzzles, it's debatable whether this title falls within the adventure genre. But as it is, essentially, all one big dialog tree, it's more like an adventure game than anything else, and my great affection for the genre was a strong contributing factor to the game's creation.

Anyway, I hope that some of you might enjoy it. If you'd like to try it, you can download it at www.bleatingsheep.net. It's PC only for now, but a Mac port is in progress.

Thanks very much, and I hope I haven't overstepped any local boundaries with this explicit self-promotion.
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #2
Freeware Co-ordinator

Welcome to the forums YossiMH

Dialogue tree only games are not without precedent here so you've come to the right place. I've downloaded it but I'll have to transfer it to my gaming machine (this one doesn't have Pixel Shader support) to play it. Screenshots look interesting.

As for self-promotion, this forum is all about sharing home-grown games.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 01-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
Yossi Horowitz

Thanks for the assurance. Hope you enjoy the game!
Old 09-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #4
Yossi Horowitz

So did any of you end up trying it out? Did you enjoy it?
Old 09-24-2009, 01:42 AM   #5
I changed my title

I tried it a while ago and didn't like it so much. The humor was mean spirited, and even though I played it twice I got the same result despite choosing different responses.

Spoiler:
God offers the girl to come with him (or something) whether she finds out he killed her cat or not.
It seems wrong that she'll even consider his offer if she finds out he killed her cat.

On the plus side, voice acting was good.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:53 PM   #6
Yossi Horowitz

Hmm... I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy it. I prefer to think of the style of humor as fatalistic, rather than mean-spirited.

It's true that several of the dialog paths eventually reconverge; there are only so many entirely seperate paths that can be offered before the necessary amount of content creation becomes overwhelming. It's an unfortunate consequence of the dialog tree approach; for my next project, I'm going to try a more modular system.