You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #1

Default So you want to be a Game Developer?

Hello everyone,

I've just concluded a 12-part series of blogs on game development, in a Journal Special named "So you want to be a Game Developer?". Each section describes a specific aspect of game development, as well as the development process behind it, as it relates to our game: The Silver Lining. The topics include: Plot, Music, 3D Art, Voice, and more!

The final entry, posted a few days ago, answers many of the questions people have been asking us over the years, including: "When is the release date?" and "What's the overall percentage complete?"

I strongly encourage those of you currently working on games, and those of you hoping to one day develop them to have a look. Besides sharing the techniques and experiences we've acquired over the years we've been developing our game, the entries also give a sneak peek at some of never-before-seen screenshots and media from the game.

The Journal Special is located at: http://www.tsl-game.com/journal/special/ Enjoy!
http://www.tsl-game.com
Old 12-30-2008, 02:55 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Even if I'm more interested in the game itself (which looks gorgeous!, by the way), I greatly enjoy the articles. You guys have done an amazing job and I can't wait to get my hands on The Silver Lining!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 12-30-2008, 08:37 AM   #3

Send a message via ICQ to Nautilus

Very nice initiative! Good luck with your project.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:18 AM   #4

Thanks guys! It was a lot of fun doing this special, and seeing how far along the game has come over the years. It's also pretty exciting to know the wait won't be much longer!
http://www.tsl-game.com
Old 12-30-2008, 09:34 AM   #5

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonkey View Post
It's also pretty exciting to know the wait won't be much longer!
I. Can't. Wait.

After the disaster MoE was, I have a desperate need of the ol' good King Graham of yore. Your demo was amazing: I've played tons of time... and now the wait won't be much longer...

... Together with Gray Matter, this game is atop of my list of must-play for 2009!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 12-30-2008, 06:48 PM   #6
Adventurer

I'll definetly check this out later. Being a hobbyist game developer, and also being an adventure gamer, this will most likely be a great read.

Just Finished: Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness

Currently Playing: The Secrets of Atlantis