You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2008, 02:52 AM   #1

Default H2G2 Remake(in Production)

Well, this is a remake that me, by the name of James Spanos and Kevin Haddley are working on using AGS(www.bigbluecup.com) engine. We're remaking a text-based game to a point and click but still maintaining (if possible) all the good stuff and re-enhancing. We're currently on beta phaze, but I've finished doiong the main stuff, so this might be released this year.

1. First, I do know it might sound silly, but I believe we're actually fixing a lot of stuff from the first game, and we're tipping the dead ends(also two difficulty settings, normal and hardcore, will probably be enough).

2. This is probably a breach of copyright, we're aware of that, but well, I'm a huge douglas adams fan and I couldn't help it.

3. Yep, we must update the demo, sometime soon.

Anyway...

STORY:
Arthur Dent, a typical human, wakes up on an ordinary day, just to find himself trying to stop the local state from demolishing his house for the construction by-pass. His friend Ford, however comes and informs that the world is about to end in 12 minutes, for the construction of an intergalactic expressway.

SCREENSHOTS:
-Backgrounds-
2/8/2008<()>

There's a beta for those that can't wait till Xmas or just want to help out. If you hate beta-testing but would love to help use out, we're gonna need translators, and voice actors.

Hope this is the right section of the forum..for this.