Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   Brass Tacks (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/22533-brass-tacks.html)

Atlantis 05-17-2008 07:15 AM

Brass Tacks

So the game leader, Bruno, posted up about wanting help for this game a little while back, and however long later, he's got the Beta up!

http://btl.50webs.org/index6-4.htm

You can now download the Beta test for play, and any feedback you can send to him, will be greatly appreciated.

My alternative motive, is I need you AG experts to play this through for me, as Im stuck after getting so far into the game (And I want to get to the part where Eve calls, cause Im her voice actor!) So give it a whirl and let me know.

Atlantis 07-20-2008 05:12 AM

D:< Still looking for help with this.

LouiseK 07-20-2008 05:45 AM

I'll have a go! :devil:

Atlantis 07-20-2008 09:36 AM

Huzzah!

LouiseK 07-21-2008 01:35 AM

It is supposed to just be the intro because thats all i'm getting, just a minute or two... as for the corrections, just the odd spelling mistake and timing issues.

Atlantis 07-21-2008 08:48 AM

....<< Its almost fully playable.. I've already mopped up blood and hacked computers.. are you sure you downloaded it, and didnt just watch the video..?

LouiseK 07-21-2008 10:09 AM

lol - i hope i didn't just download the vid - that would have been daft of me :crazy:

It had a menu page - new game, load, etc etc listed.

Then i clicked new game, it gets to the part where the American guys seems to fall down the stairs or something but then it goes back to the main menu.

New game starts it back at the beginning.

Atlantis 07-21-2008 11:52 AM

....How odd.. have you tried hitting esc when it comes back? How very very odd... D:

strattford 08-23-2008 07:27 PM

ATLANTIS, I found this topic by accident! I have no idea when you made it, anyway, I'm post something here :)

- Evelyn call/arriving is the last thing on the game. It's right before the end. Well, it's supposed to be, 'cos the game works until Evelyn calls. A script is supposed to work to make it happen, but I couldn't make it work at all (I tried for several months). I'm pretty sure that someone who already worked with ActionScript 2.0 (Flash 8) can solve it really easy. I learnt it by myself, and I made it work as far as I could... So, please, anyone interested in just having a look on the game code, I will be pleased to give you the all the source stuff for considerations...

Now, ATLANTIS, even knowing it's a freeware project where no one is being paid, I feel bad about you and the others who joined the team but the project is stuck. My apologizes for that...

BTW, if you want some tips to finish the beta, please, I'll be happy to help you! Just email me, 'cos I'm not sure how often I will return to this topic :)

strattford 08-23-2008 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouiseK (Post 475577)
It is supposed to just be the intro because thats all i'm getting, just a minute or two... as for the corrections, just the odd spelling mistake and timing issues.

Hello, LOUISEK! It's really strange, 'cos this specific problem never happened before... The intro movie is clickable, so if you left-click on the screen, it's suppose to lead you to the game's beginning... If you still have problems, I can try to help you, making a version with some changes that surely will work for you (just let me know)...

spelling mistake? Damn! My English is awful but the game texts was reviewed by three different persons (two from USA, one from UK), and this last one did that several times to "polish" the dialogs, make it more "british", etc... I don't know what time issues are you talking about? Please, if you want to elaborate a little more over these issues... :)

strattford 08-23-2008 07:37 PM

Just to make sure anyone can email me: bewaretheladybeetle[alt]gmail[dot]com.

Thank you all! :)