Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   Langhorne Underground (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/2249-langhorne-underground.html)

Kingzjester 03-02-2004 02:18 PM

Langhorne Underground

I am making an adventure game. I am not making a website for the game, I am not going to give a short breakdown of the story in a few words, I am not going to talk about at all, let alone ask you to help me with something. I am making it completely alone, though I will need some help with the soundtrack and plan to draft some of my close friends (whose music I admire) for that.

I will however give you the title of the game, it will be called Langhorne Underground (still a working title) and it will be the greatest indie adventure game ever.

Well, I lied. I need your help in the form of some cool legible fonts. I would hate to spend another three hours downloading fonts of the internet only to realize that none of them are quite what I want. I'm thinking something wide, bold, cartoony, but slick and legible - whereas cartoony is optional - for the character speech. EDIT: ... WITH lower caps. Gotta have lower caps.

Oh, and does anyone have perchance some good sound-effect library I could peruse?

That is all...

Zygomaticus 03-02-2004 02:40 PM

Can't help you on the fonts, but Sound FX, I know Flashkit has a pretty fat meaty collection. :D

Good luck! :)

AGA 03-02-2004 03:35 PM

Find Sounds and A1 Free Sound Effects are a couple of cood places.

If you're using AGS to make this game, bear in mind the fonts need to be True Type (or SCI, but I doubt you'll find too many of those).

Wormsie 03-03-2004 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingzjester
I am not making a website for the game, I am not going to give a short breakdown of the story in a few words, I am not going to talk about at all, let alone ask you to help me with something.

You are on a road to great success. *shakes Kingz's hand*

Kingzjester 03-03-2004 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGA
If you're using AGS to make this game, bear in mind the fonts need to be True Type (or SCI, but I doubt you'll find too many of those).

All the fucking fonts are TTF. Well, most in any case. Therefore, yes, I am bearing in mind.

Much obliged otherwise.

Erwin_Br 03-03-2004 07:06 AM

Quote:

All the fucking fonts are TTF. Well, most in any case. Therefore, yes, I am bearing in mind.

Much obliged otherwise.

Not only the fucking fonts, you know. Most regular fonts are TTF too.

--Erwin

Kingzjester 03-03-2004 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
Not only the fucking fonts, you know. Most regular fonts are TTF too.

--Erwin

Yeah, them too.

Firefoot 03-03-2004 11:25 AM

Kingz, watch out for Microsoft... Longhorn is their OS under development and they are well known not liking names sounding like their products! ;)

Erwin_Br 03-03-2004 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefoot
Kingz, watch out for Microsoft... Longhorn is their OS under development and they are well known not liking names sounding like their products! ;)

Don't worry, they'll probably offer you a free X-Box to change the name to something else :P

--Erwin

Kingzjester 03-03-2004 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefoot

You know, I hadn't even thought of that. Besides, my game will not be a trusted kind of software. Quite frankly, I don't think they'll care. The game is called Langhorne. It was Samuel Clemens' middle name. They can't possibly tell me I can't name my game after Mark Twain, and if they do, it will be some nice publicity.

Heh, I could named the game Mucrosofte Wundowse to Langhorne Underground, but since it is obviously satire, it would fall under free speech.

eriq 03-03-2004 03:26 PM

ooh. I like the title. It's different.

Show us some graphics!

Kingzjester 03-03-2004 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriq
ooh. I like the title. It's different.

Show us some graphics!

Not just yet.

Zygomaticus 03-03-2004 05:57 PM

May I take a guess as to what it's about?

Kingzjester 03-03-2004 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kode
May I take a guess as to what it's about?

Do you think I may stop you?

Zygomaticus 03-03-2004 06:46 PM

Perhaps. Your powers are strong, my feathered friend. :P

Does it involve trains? :D

Wormsie 03-04-2004 05:53 AM

It's got fucking fonts. I've never seen fonts mate...

Kingzjester 03-04-2004 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kode
Does it involve trains? :D

No! WRONG! You fail. Get the hell out of here!

Zygomaticus 03-04-2004 07:23 AM

Quote:

No! WRONG! You fail. Get the hell out of here!

Ooooh, woe is I. I shall go and rot in the underground now... :sad: