You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Hey everyone! I'm looking for artwork!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2008, 12:05 PM   #1
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky
Default Hey everyone! I'm looking for artwork!

Okay, so here’s the thing. I’ve got this little strange-but-personally-meaningful game project idea that’s been kicking in my head for the past little while. However, to bring it to life, I’m going to need some help. Specifically, I need some artwork. I’m trying to go for an art style that changes in every scene, and I figure that the best way to accomplish this will be to get each scene to be created by a separate artist. Hence, I’ve decided to go looking for artists in perhaps the quickest and most convenient place possible: the vast, random depths of the internet!

If this piques your interest at all, and if you have any rudimentary idea at all as to how to create adventure game graphics, what I want you to do is create one background image and (at least) one character in any style you’d like, and send them to “me at deirdrakiai dot com”.

Go here for more details.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:44 AM   #2
Comic Geek Extraordinair

Send a message via Yahoo to Geekious Maximus

I would suggest heading over to Digitalwebbing.com they have a classified system that lets you find artists and writers for that matter. Let me know how it turns out. Also I have an open invitation for game creators to link their games from my site http://www.comcigeeknews.com If you're interested drop me Private Message.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
Unreliable Narrator

Thanks for the tip. I've already got a good handful of submissions just from the adventure gaming community, but if I wind up needing any more, I'll keep your link in mind.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:01 AM   #4
Unreliable Narrator

Okay, so the product of this artwork drive is now finished. Check it out!
Old 07-02-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
Game Creator Hobbyist

I found a paper in my computer bag. On it are some random notes from when I played this thing the second time through. I meant to post my comments, but then I lost this paper… Anyway, here's what I can make out of the notes, in case it may be of interest (the notes are mostly unedited):

I like the background sfx!

Ah, it plays in a different order now. Interesting, but on my first playthrough I got the teacher scene last. That felt more suitable.

I like how the different segments do the conversation slightly different.

I really like the computer scene. Both music, dialogue and the characters. The possible replies are good.

I like the expressions of the PC. Very effective. That's something we do too little of in general.

Evil shirt segment was fun, though the words on the wall suffered a bit from what I think is JPEG artefacts. It really would have gained from a lossless format.

Makeover. Interesting point (or joke), but I would have liked more interactivity. It should have been possible to get to the point anyway.

Siblings. Fun. I liked how the banter made these characters feel more real.

Police... fun.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #6
Unreliable Narrator

Thanks for the comments, Rikard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
Ah, it plays in a different order now. Interesting, but on my first playthrough I got the teacher scene last. That felt more suitable.
I was waiting to see how people would feel about things like that, whether their impressions of the story would change depending on the order the scenes were presented.

Quote:
I like the expressions of the PC. Very effective. That's something we do too little of in general.
Yeah, it was something a lot of people felt was missing in Pigeons in the Park, so I decided to try it this time, and randomly doodled some sprites of myself with different facial expressions one evening. I liked how they turned out, so I used them.

Quote:
Evil shirt segment was fun, though the words on the wall suffered a bit from what I think is JPEG artefacts. It really would have gained from a lossless format.
You'll have to blame stepurhan for that.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:04 PM   #7
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
I was waiting to see how people would feel about things like that, whether their impressions of the story would change depending on the order the scenes were presented.
Yes, it did, and I was even a little surprised at how much it mattered, as the scenes are unconnected to each other.