You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Adventure developer looking for some info

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2008, 05:22 AM   #1

Default Adventure developer looking for some info

Hi all,

I'm currently in process of designing an adventure game (still in preproduction phase), I have basic story and characters developed, and also I’m making good progress writing the game engine but decided to get some information from adventure community, so it would help me a lot if you answer a few simple questions.
First of all little about the game setting: The game is set in future, about 100-200 years from now. People achieved better space travel and colonized a few nearby planets and there is quite a bit of mining going on. The miners had stumbled upon some artifacts that were very similar to ones from Earth’s history. Quite a few scientists were summoned to attend to these sites. The lead character is going to be a history/archeology collage graduate (graduated from collage about 10-20 years from first discovery of those sites).
I’ll not go into too much detail since the story is still in development and I don’t want to give spoilers prior the game even existing

My questions are more of technical side. The game will be completely 3D and that is final, but I’m interested in what configurations would most of the adventure gamers have so I can determine the detail of the game graphics.
So I would be very grateful if you write down your configurations, if you are unsure about your configuration you can write the best game you managed to run with it.

Also I’m wondering how one features a game in adventure game shop. What are the requirements, etc.? (I’m first planning on releasing a freeware mini adventure, a prequel to the main game that would feature 3 locations, but all the game play features, interface, etc. From that getting info from the community and improve the game/engine to then use that as a base for a full game)

Also if anyone is interested to help design the game is more than welcome to contact me by msn/aim: [email protected]
Old 03-08-2008, 07:04 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

The Experiment run very well on my PC.

My specifics are: Pentium 4 3.00 GHz, 2 GB RAM, Radeon X1900 (2), Windows XP
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 03-09-2008, 06:32 AM   #3
Game Creator Hobbyist

A MacBook - 2GHz Intel Core Duo with 2GB RAM. Graphics: Intel GMA 950, 64MB, OSX Tiger (10.4.11).

Ok, I do have a Windows box, too:
Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86 GHz
2GB RAM
GeForce 7500LE, 256 MB
Good speakers!
Windows Vista

(No plans on upgrading any computer hardware in at least a couple of years.)
Old 03-09-2008, 08:02 AM   #4
Caffein Queen

As Andrea The Experiment runs fine on my machine

Specs:
- Vista 32bit - Home Premium
- Pentium 5, Intel Core2 Duo CPU, E6750, 2.66 GHz
- RAM: 2 GB
- Graphics: FX Geforce 8800 GTS - 640MB - PCI Express x16
- Sound: OnBoard ASUS RealTek HD

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter
Old 03-09-2008, 08:12 AM   #5

Thanks for your reply's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
My specifics are: Pentium 4 3.00 GHz, 2 GB RAM, Radeon X1900 (2), Windows XP
That's going to be more than the recommended configuration by the current state of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
A MacBook - 2GHz Intel Core Duo with 2GB RAM. Graphics: Intel GMA 950, 64MB, OSX Tiger (10.4.11).

…

Ok, I do have a Windows box, too:
Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86 GHz
2GB RAM
GeForce 7500LE, 256 MB
Good speakers!
Windows Vista

(No plans on upgrading any computer hardware in at least a couple of years.)
Nice, the mac port is also planned by the way. Seems I'll probably set the minimum to graphics cards supporting glsl shaders ( nvidia 5xxx+ , ati 9xxx+ )...