You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

View Poll Results: Did you hear about the project before?
Yes 3 16.67%
Yes, but really just a little bit 5 27.78%
No, im hearing about it now for the first time 10 55.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2008, 03:44 PM   #1

Default Until I'm Gone - 2008!

Hi all!

It is has been half a year ago, when i have last informed you about the game "Until Im Gone". And since a half of a year is quite a big amount of "time", and many things could (and did :-) ) happen from then, I think it is a good idea to give you some up-to-date info, what do you say?

First of all, i want to say, that it is impossible to cover all the things that happened or to go more depth even in the ones i will mention, so if you are interested I think it will be better for you to check the website of the project itself. And if you dont know what UIG is, and you will not be satisfied with the fact that it is:...

FREEWARE 2.5D 3rd person point-and-click adventure game with horror elements and a psychological subtext. It takes place in a small mountain village covered with snow at Christmas time. The main hero is forced by his lady-friend to visit Pitfall Mountain. Soon after he arrives, the village is cut off from the outside world due to a huge snowstorm, and Nathan, who forced to stay until the storm blows over, unwittingly starts to reveal the tiny secrets of this picturesque village...

...You can also check the web on: www.farawaystudios.com

For those who are quite familiar with the project, lets move on:

Yes, as you can see, we had released new "full-valued" screenshots from the project. These are the ones we did not ever show anywhere else, not even in an interview, and they were also not part of any exclusive materials on any website- simply brand new screenshots! If you wanna see their fullsized versions or really "ingame" versions with a character on them with an interface even, check the website www.farawaystudios.com .

-Also I would like to inform you, that the project has been delayed to year 2008. For in detail described reasons read this:
*Reasons behind the delay*

-We had taken part in ADOC 2007 (alias Adventure Developers Online Conference 2007) last autumn , where you could ask us any questions, and you had received an answer in 1-2 minutes... For this special event we had also released new (but this time "development") screens, which you probably also did not see yet. For more info and the dev screens, check the website (news sections, section "old")

-We had also prepared new Polls to let you give us more feedback, check the "Polls" section on our web.

-In the "old" news section you will now find information about the progress of the game. Each chapter is there described in more detail talking about the progress. And even that the information there are now quite out of date (you have to scroll down few times to get to them), if you wanna get a picture hows it looking (ok, looked) you now have a great opportunity!

-And what more... Well tons of more! :-) (If you do not visit our website periodically). We have more info overall (than we had last time), we have music, voice-acting, language translation examples (download section of the web). BTW talking about languages, the game is beeing translated now into 16 world languages! Czech, English, French, German, Russian, Hungarian, Slovak, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Greek, Polish, Danish and Dutch! You can also download wallpapers and much more.

I hope that I had pleased a little all your curiosity and questions about the project. If you would like to know anything else, feel free to contact us, here or via email, that doesn't matter... oh and look forward to the ONE and FINAL- 2008!

Faraway Studios
www.farawaystudios.com
Old 01-27-2008, 01:10 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to Sandman

Looks really neat. Horror+Mystery are always more than welcome in adventure games.

Say what is the projected to release date?
Old 01-27-2008, 09:14 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

I've been following this game since around October 2006. Just wanted to say it looks like you guys are doing a great job and don't worry about rushing the game out. It will be done when it's done.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:22 AM   #4
For honor and glory!

Send a message via AIM to Draiden Send a message via Yahoo to Draiden

This sounds really neat. I look forward to its release.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:42 AM   #5

I hadn't heard of the game before now, but it looks really tempting! I'm going to be keeping an eye on it from now on.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
Looks really neat. Horror+Mystery are always more than welcome in adventure games.

Say what is the projected to release date?
Hi, it is 2008
Old 02-04-2008, 11:37 PM   #7

Send a message via MSN to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman

I am prepare for it and good that its 2008 now
Old 02-08-2008, 10:02 PM   #8

It looks really fantastic, Why dont you release it as a commercial game? it certainly looks high enough quality, then you might be able to devote more time to subsequent products.
I would like to know why you and the team decided to make it a freeware game.
good luck it looks really well polished.

Last edited by -=三D三=-; 02-08-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:48 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

^ The question has been answered quite a few times. I believe one of the places it explains this is on the actual website (maybe in the FAQs).
Old 03-04-2008, 06:29 AM   #10

Send a message via MSN to Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamn View Post
Hi, it is 2008
Ok 2008 is here. Now what?