Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   My little graphical adventure game - Escape. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/21064-my-little-graphical-adventure-game-escape.html)

yodhe 10-05-2007 07:46 AM

My little graphical adventure game - Escape.

I have just basically finished my first adventure game (well since I stopped making them with GAC/Quill on the ZX Spectrum back in the 1980's).
It did start out as a mostly text adventure game, but it quickly became apparent that most people theseday prefer some with a little mouse action, so it is also "point and click" controllable as well for those to lazy or dsylexic to type.
Although the concept it horribly unoriginal - Escape from the spaceship before it crashes, I am quite proud of all the results.
I think you might be the sort of people who appreciate a little graphical adventure, that might provide an hour or two's fun.
You can download the game at

http://www.onemananimation.com/game/

I really do appreciate all your feedback....
Did I say it is free too!

Yours sincerely
Jody

P.s. Sorry for this being my first post and not introducing myself before I posted my game, but I am just excited about what I can have produced, and promise to hang around on the forum and participate. Thanks again.

Melanie68 10-05-2007 08:19 AM

Welcome to AG Jody! :)

Thanks for sharing your game and we're glad to have you aboard.

stepurhan 10-05-2007 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yodhe (Post 442934)
I have just basically finished my first adventure game (well since I stopped making them with GAC/Quill on the ZX Spectrum back in the 1980's).

Excellent! Someone else who remembers the Quill (though I had it on the Commodore 64) :)

No need to apologise about announcing the game first. I'm sure we can understand your excitement. I'll check it out over the weekend.

yodhe 10-05-2007 12:47 PM

Thankyou I feel a little touched and honoured to join your community.

I hope that there are many pleasant discussions ahead, and maybe even
a collaboration or two!!

Trumgottist 10-05-2007 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yodhe (Post 442969)
maybe even a collaboration or two!!

Is it Monday already? ;)

yodhe 10-10-2007 04:39 AM

Man, the game must of really sucked.....

And to think I spent all that time on it, maybe next time I will
just use something like wintermute or a similar "out of the box
package" rather than actually hand coding it....

:frusty:

Melanie68 10-10-2007 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yodhe (Post 443583)
Man, the game must of really sucked.....

Why would you say that? If it's the lack of people in the thread, don't sweat that too much. It always amazes me what people choose to respond to. I haven't played it because I have a million things on my to do list and just haven't had the time (but I know it's here).

Trumgottist 10-13-2007 04:02 AM

If it was my monday-comment, it was only intended as an inside joke, since you mention the Allegro.cc forums on your site. It was in no way intended as a put down on the quality of the game (which I haven't tried yet). Maybe the Monday thing has changed meaning or gone away since I was a regular there.

yodhe 10-13-2007 09:03 AM

I suppose you are right Melanie68, I shouldn't take it too personally... But it doesn't stop me feeling as people don't appreciate how much effort and hard work went into it. It seems that is the way of the world sadly. But I could also deduce from the lack of any response, that it is a really really shit game as well. People just being too polite to say, that was bloody awful, or maybe even worse, it was utter mediocre/average/so-so, not even worth commenting on, blander and the bland thing you have ever played.

No Trumgottist, it wasn't your monday morning comment either, just sometimes it feels like a very apathetical universe.
Why you up for a serious collaboration, I used to be "well up" for collaborative projects, but generally discovered that most other people just talk the talk, and can't walk the walk. I.e they love to pontificate and take the credit, but actually putting in the work is left upto a rarer class of people (of whom I would include myself in).