Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   Artists/Musicians required for already-in-production Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/20981-artists-musicians-required-already-production-adventure.html)

Adventure Mad 09-23-2007 12:05 PM

Artists/Musicians required for already-in-production Adventure

Ahoy, all. For the last couple of years, me and a friend of mine have been working on and off on an adventure game called The Legacy. Designed and written by myself and programmed by him, this epic adventure spans six eras from Ancient Rome to the furthest reaches of space. Each of these eras has a unique playable character with their own individual mission but with all the sections also being connected by a central plot that draws them together. Anyway, while we haven't had any trouble designing and programming the game respectively, we've so far found difficulty in securing the talents of an artist or musician to work on the game's art and sound.

The first two eras of the game have already been fully written and created using placeholder art and we are in the middle of production on the third era. As such, it is now becoming imperative to find someone who can help with these other areas of production (otherwise we'll eventually get to the stage where the game is fully complete in terms of playability but with no art or sound). Anyway, if anyone's interested or has any suggestions about finding people who are, please let us know - either by posting below or e-mailing me at wormdimeprojectentry<AT>hotmail<DOT>com. Thanks!

NOTE: If anyone's interested but would like to get a bit more of a sense of what the game's like before volunteering, we can put together a production demo of a short part of the game to provide a taste of the writing and gameplay.

Trumgottist 09-23-2007 12:28 PM

What are you looking for in terms of style?

Adventure Mad 09-25-2007 01:02 PM

Well, ideally, I'd imagine it being a similar style to classic adventures like the Secret of Monkey Island, Legend of Kryandia, that kind of thing. This is mainly because when I first came up with the idea, I imagined the game being the kind of game that wouldn't look out of place if it was sold on the shelf in the old Amiga era of adventure gaming, only instead being free and downloadable to all.

But, in reality, I'm not too bothered, as long as I like the style and think it fits the game. I'm not going to turn down a great potential artist just because they have a different style to what I imagined. It's a collaborative process, after all.

Trumgottist 09-25-2007 01:11 PM

I should clarify that I don't have the time at the moment to do anything (I even recently had to back out of a project that I was really excited about). I asked the question partly out of curiosity, and partly because any potential artist/musician would like to know before volunteering.

Atlantis 09-28-2007 03:25 AM

What do you want in terms of art? Concept to get a decent idea of an image for a character or fullblown character design, because I'd probably suck at the latter.

SupSuper 09-29-2007 12:28 PM

Would you suck more than this?
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...GS/legacy1.gif
Otherwise, you're hired!

Squinky 09-29-2007 06:08 PM

Lollerblades.

RockNFknRoll 09-29-2007 11:10 PM

what kind of music are you looking for?

Adventure Mad 09-30-2007 04:39 AM

Regarding music, it really should fit the era of the time. So for the roman part of the game, the music should be more classical in tone and so on. It'd probably help if I list the eras that are in the game so here they are -

1. Ancient Rome (February 59BCE)
2. 19th Century England (March 1839)
3. Early 20th Century - starts in England, moves to colonised India (June 1905)
4. Detective Noir setting, America (October 1954)
5. Modern day Australia (July 2007)
6. Far flung future, in space (Geninis 2514)

Rome is the shortest setting and requires only a couple of tunes. Obviously if you can do all the music for the game, that'd be great, but if you just think that a certain era would be fun to do the music for, then that's fine.

Atlantis 09-30-2007 04:57 AM

Lol, okay I get you. xD
Um, have you considered using real backgrounds? For rooms?
And I'm guessing you'd like some full colour front back and side views of your characters? I could probably manage that if you gimme their bio's or what you expect them to look like. ;)

SupSuper 09-30-2007 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlantis (Post 442161)
Um, have you considered using real backgrounds? For rooms?

Say what? I drew that background myself. I'm a programmer, not an artist :p

To keep the project from dying, we kept on putting the game together, even without any artists or musicians or such. I made that very crude art in the screenshot, so I'd have something to program with. This way we can just swap it with real art when we get it, without delaying game production.

So yeah, we're looking for background artists too. :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlantis (Post 442161)
And I'm guessing you'd like some full colour front back and side views of your characters? I could probably manage that if you gimme their bio's or what you expect them to look like. ;)

These are the Roman Era characters. Knock yourself out:

Precipice Maximus : male, old. Balding with white hair on the sides of his head and none on the top. He wears a white toga.

Decimus : male, old. Has a full head of grey hair.

Extra-Senatus: male, middle aged. He has a grey beard and messy grey hair.

Stranger 1: male, dark hair and beard, tradesman's clothes

Stranger 2: male, wearing a hooded robe, with the hood down. he was shorter dark hair.

Atlantis 10-02-2007 08:37 AM

Lol, I wasnt shunning you ability to draw, I meant have you thought about REAL backgrounds. Like photos. Images you can just use in the back. But w/e xD

What format do you want the character design to be in?
Pixel? So like sprites for the game or full blown sort of slightly smaller than A4 sketch-drawings of them?

SupSuper 10-03-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlantis (Post 442495)
Lol, I wasnt shunning you ability to draw, I meant have you thought about REAL backgrounds. Like photos. Images you can just use in the back. But w/e xD

Nah, that wouldn't fit. Specially when we get to the futuristic era. :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlantis (Post 442495)
What format do you want the character design to be in?
Pixel? So like sprites for the game or full blown sort of slightly smaller than A4 sketch-drawings of them?

Preferably pixel. Even if they're not full-blown full-featured sprites, anything is an improvement over the current CLONE WARS II: REVENGE OF EGO'S TWIN BROTHERS!