You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2007, 07:04 AM   #1
Old lady who loves games

Default Incident At ROANOKE

I was about to join this site but found out that I was already a member. I am close to the completion of Incident At ROANOKE a free game for whoever would like to play it.

It's a traditional old style point and click adventure about a young freelance artist and history buff with an obsession for the macabre. He starts having a series of bad dreams sent by unknown spirits who steer his destiny to 15th century Roanoke. In his journey he meets up with a lovable old bookstore keeper who helps him go back in time to Roanoke where he meets and falls for a girl who he has to save and find out why the people of Roanoke disappeared without a trace.

I'm working on the last video and graphics for the game. Then everything will go into the game engine, tested then released. I'm hoping to release it this summer but you never know what could come up. This is inside the fictional Prague Observatory. This is one of the pics from the game. Hope you enjoy it as well as the game. Cheers.
Attached Images

http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
Old 07-03-2007, 09:32 AM   #2
Elegantly copy+pasted

The story sounds pretty interesting, and the graphics are quite good for a free game. Will it be first-person, or is your character one of the people in the picture?
Old 07-03-2007, 10:57 AM   #3
Old lady who loves games

Sorry I never thought to mention it. It is a 3rd person game. I guess I should have posted a pic with the character of the game in it. Glad you liked the pic, I hope you'll enjoy the game. I have some music on loan from Lisle Engle who did the music for the game Welcome To The Future. He has a new album out and was generous enough to allow me to use his music. If you'd like you can see a slideshow video I did for one of the cutscenes but it gives away parts of the game that you might not understand. Here is the address:

http://www.youtube.com/jp.swf?video_...vDem8ydK2Gsg_d

Keep in mind that this is my first attempt at a game and I'm limited to the resources I have to work with. Thanks for your reply hope you enjoy the music.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:29 AM   #4

It seems that you forgot to mention a URL for a website too? Or is it somewhere on the forum in your sig?
Old 07-12-2007, 11:23 AM   #5
Old lady who loves games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
It seems that you forgot to mention a URL for a website too? Or is it somewhere on the forum in your sig?
Sorry we don't have a website right now just a forum. We are going to put in an area for uploading and downloading games made by free independents. Game Boomers will host the game when it is finished.

The forum is basically for people who want to learn how to make freeware adventure games or to chit chat about anything they want.

I know when I started out I had a hard time finding some place to go to learn, I got laughed at a lot. So we're hoping to help people learn in a friendly helpful atmosphere. We're not about be-littling and trashing people's work, we're about helping and in the end we all benefit from the results, free games.

Thanks for asking.