You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Agent Scarecrow - a new "choose your own" actionventure series

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2007, 11:42 AM   #1

Default Agent Scarecrow - a new "choose your own" actionventure series

Hi all,

I have started a new project entitled Agent SCARECROW. It tells the story of Mike:

Synopsis - Mike is your average 20-year old guy. His only ambition is to travel around the world and make friends in every country. One day, Mike is mistaken for a secret agent and gets involved in a wild adventure featuring crazy chases, puzzles and death... Along the storyline, Mike gets to travel around the World... with little time to make friends.
  • It is a "choose your own" because the player will face choices and his decisions will dictate the course of the story. Thus, different players will experience different game developments depending on the path they follow. To circumvent all the inherent problems to such design, the game will be cutdown into small chapters. For instance chapter 1 ends with a choice (where the story splits) and you are given a keycode to unlock a specific chapter 2 depending on your decision (There will be Chapter 2a and Chapter 2b). The keycode also takes into account other in-game decisions such as inventory etc.
  • It is an actionventure because it will involve puzzles + fight/shooting scenes. In retrospect, it might not be a good thing since it doesn't please both adventure + action gamers but rather alleniates everyone. Anyway, I thought that my favorite games of all time (Such as the first Resident Evil, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve, etc.) were actionventure.

Chapter 1 is released : http://johnnybdesign.com/scarecrow.html

Of course, it is less action-packed than future episodes since this one includes the intro to the whole series. Subsequent chapters begin in the middle of the action.

Screenshots:

Old 05-30-2007, 12:09 PM   #2
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

I'll have to check this one out. I'm always intrigued by branching storylines.