Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   "TTM" ~ Italian Freeware game (English) (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/19408-ttm-%7E-italian-freeware-game-english.html)

Len Green 03-31-2007 09:36 AM

"TTM" ~ Italian Freeware game (English)

Both versions RELEASED TODAY Saturday 31st March 2007.

The Terrific Menace of the Invaders from Audiogalaxy (TTM, to name it briefly) is a project which has the purpose of achieving a game in Flash, playable directly via the web, and absolutely FREE.
You can also download it onto your Hard Disk and play it whenever you’re not on line... considering the packed material in the game, a 57 MB download is extremely reasonable.

It was designed by 3 extremely talented guys from Italy after 3 years of work, on & off. It was released in Italian during the summer of 2006 and apparently since then 50,000 people have played it.

I came into the project and beta-tested etc. only a few months ago when the English version had already been started.

If you like a brilliant 3rd person point’n-Click beautifully crafted 2D cartoon style game … this is for you… and particularly considering the “price”.

There are many references to the classical games of yesteryear (Monkey Islands, Full Throttle, and the like).
Also many references to pop/dance/hard-rock/metal/etc. music of the past 2 or 3 decades. Even though I'm an ancient 82 y.o. dinosaur and don't know ANYTHING about these modern musical groups... it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the game

So go to www.genereAvventura.com and ENJOY a real fun game !
(If you want the aforementioned offline version, you can download it from the “Downloads” section on the Site’s home page)

P.S. There is a VERY full illustrated walkthrough written by the developers, but it's in Italian although fairly soon it will also be translated into English.
In the meantime the Babel Fish "English" translation is a riot, but nevertheless helps if stuck (and there are 1 or 2 puzzles which are a bit tough)

splat44 04-10-2007 12:55 AM

I simply cannot locate ilustratred walkthrough due to language barrier.

Please have english file soon!

MikaelS 04-10-2007 03:48 AM

I started play this yesterday, and so far so good. ;) Well done.

splat44 04-12-2007 10:14 AM

Hi,

I've just completed finished this game and it's great!

If anyone need some help, I'll be glad to help out.

Len Green 04-13-2007 08:20 AM

I received another (“commercial”) game to beta test a few days ago. What with the 3 I’m already doing and yet another on the way, I’ve been ultra-busy.

As a result, I’ve only managed to complete about 75% of the WALKTHROUGH for The Terrific Menace of the Invaders from Audiogalaxy

Although I beta tested the game and worked a lot on the English translation, having to replay it several times in order to write an accurate walkthrough has taught me what a REALLY excellent game this is.
It is modeled very considerably upon the absolutely brilliant classic, Day of the Tentacle and IMO is amongst the best of the freeware games ever released!
(If it had speech instead of just [extensive] texts, it would rival some ‘commercial’ games)

**TRY IT**… and tell me if I’m exaggerating !

splat44 04-13-2007 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Len Green (Post 404970)
I received another (“commercial”) game to beta test a few days ago. What with the 3 I’m already doing and yet another on the way, I’ve been ultra-busy.

As a result, I’ve only managed to complete about 75% of the WALKTHROUGH for The Terrific Menace of the Invaders from Audiogalaxy

Although I beta tested the game and worked a lot on the English translation, having to replay it several times in order to write an accurate walkthrough has taught me what a REALLY excellent game this is.
It is modeled very considerably upon the absolutely brilliant classic, Day of the Tentacle and IMO is amongst the best of the freeware games ever released!
(If it had speech instead of just [extensive] texts, it would rival some ‘commercial’ games)

**TRY IT**… and tell me if I’m exaggerating !

I did completed this game and by adding voice will be great.
No you aren't exaggerating. Great game!

Which commercial game do you beta test?

Len Green 04-20-2007 02:50 PM

Terrific Menace of the Invaders ~ Updates

I didn’t know that The Terrific Menace of the Invaders from Audiogalaxy works 100% on Mac computers (not only MS-PC's)… but ONLY ONLINE and NOT for download.
Good news for Mac owners!

I’ve said before and am not ashamed to repeat again, that IMO it is one of the very best FREEWARE games ever released!
Apparently, I’m not the only one to think so!!
65,000 people have played the English version of the game since it was released just under three weeks ago, and nearly half of these have finished the game.

It is not too long a game, but not at all particularly short either.
Amongst other things, like some of the classics it’s based on, it includes some completely voluntary games & quizzes… for additional fun, but *only* if you want to!

The full, detailed ENGLISH walkthrough is posted here !!

Iceadventure 07-25-2008 05:37 AM

I downloaded the game and get an error when I try to start it. Something about a dll file missing that has something to do with windows defender. I both try full screen and windowed options with the same error. Is there any way to fix this because I really want to play the game from my hard drive.

Iceadventure 07-25-2008 06:15 AM

I got the game working by uninstalling windows defender. Two more questions. How do I save in the game and are there sound effects because I only hear the music?

Trumgottist 07-25-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceadventure (Post 476144)
I got the game working by uninstalling windows defender.

I hope you replaced it with a better program and not simply uninstalled it, or your computer will be open to malicious programs.

Iceadventure 07-25-2008 11:26 AM

I have other similar programs installed so I think I should be ok. But I could no get the save to work in the download version so I will just use the online version and get defender again soon. I get this weird error when I try to save and I have to drag the error window a lot from left to right just to get in the middle of it to get to the ok button. Widest error message I have ever seen.