You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures CircumReality - Multiplayer IF development toolkit

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2007, 01:52 PM   #1

Default CircumReality - Multiplayer IF development toolkit

For several years now I have been working on a multiplayer-IF development toolkit. (It can also be used to create graphical MUDs and single-player IF.) I finally decided to make something public. I have loaded a very small world onto my server. You can try it if you like. If you don't have time now, don't worry, since I'll post another message in a few months when I have around an hour's worth of content.

Just be aware: The current release has only a very-very small world of a few rooms and NPCs. It'll take you all of five minutes to explore. I'll have more content in a few months. However, if you wish to try CircumReality, you might want to try the following:

- Listen to the text-to-speech; this is probably the first game you've played a game that uses it.

- Type in the "change appearance" command, and experiment with different looks for your character. My favourite feature is currently linked to at the bottom of the "change appearance" page; it lets you visually select an appearance from slight variations. This UI will be improved later.

- Type in the "change voice" command and try different voices. This UI will be improved later.

- Try using voice chat and voice disguise (which can be turned on from the main "CircumReality" menu). You'll need to have someone around to use voice chat, especially if you want to see the amusing automatic lip sync of the other person's voice.

- Buy a torch (and matches) from a NPC and wander around some of the dark regions of the world. The photorealistic lighting is pretty.

- Try combat, since it's probably different than any combat you've tried in a MMORPG/CRPG. The world is open PvP at the moment. Check out the caves, or just wait for someone to show up and challenge them to a duel.

- Try the dual-monitor support if you have two monitors.

- Check out the scripting language and editor. See "How do I create my own world?". If you have copious amounts of spare time you can even create your own world.

For more information, see http://www.CircumReality.com

Thanks