You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Underground Scene of the Day - Friday 2 February 2007

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2007, 07:41 AM   #1
Elegantly copy+pasted

Default Underground Scene of the Day - Friday 2 February 2007

City of Fortune

Another Friday, another game that never saw release. After two separate attempts, Bernie gave up on this epic adventure, and went on to make Cedric and the Revolution, a couple of platform adventures, and recently Reactor 09.

Cedric is probably my favorite UG adventure in the "comedy LucasArts" genre, and Reactor 09 is currently nominated in a bunch of categories in the AGS Awards. So I would say things have worked out well.

You can get all of Bernie's completed games from his website.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:58 AM   #2
Elegantly copy+pasted

A couple of more screenshots from the game. Bernie has removed most of the ones that used to be available, and this is all that remains.

(The buttons in the second screen have been modified, by me, as part of a discussion about user interfaces. Bernie had laid them out in a 2x3 grid, and I suggested a 3x2 grid instead. I don't have the unretouched image, unfortunately. A later version had a much more funky design.)
Old 02-02-2007, 09:20 PM   #3
Super Moderator

I find it interesting that he claims to 'suck' at finishing games and yet now he has finished what looks like 4 games.

Maybe that just wasn't the right game for him to finish (whether it was the story, gameplay,etc.). I wonder if he ever got pelted with strawberries?