You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures "Redemption" - My first adventure game demo!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2006, 03:09 PM   #1

Default "Redemption" - My first adventure game demo!

Hi all,
'Redemption' is my first attempt in amateur adventure game development and was done during my MA course in Interactive Design and decided to take it further. Because of my profession as an Interactive Designer & Illustrator I decided that I can use my skills and develop my own adventure game, since is sooo much more creative work and fun to do.

I have showcased this project in my courses final year exhibition, and since then many people have played it and got many good feedbacks, but I thought is really time to get some quality feedback from experience adventure gamers.

Although I'm really happy with the quality results of this project, there are many mistakes that makes the gameplay really frustrating.
I'm not really sure yet if I will develop this to final production, but I have already started my second project with bigger plans for final completion. So I'm planning to use what I've learned from "Redemption", and from the feedback I can get, on my second project trying to avoid the same mistakes and improve it.

So enough with the long talk,

here is the link to my website where you can find the games details and screenshots:
http://www.lorisarts.com/redemption/

And you can download the demo from here:
http://files.filefront.com/Redemptio.../fileinfo.html

I hope you guys like it and thank you all for your time. Looking forward to your thoughts, comments and suggestions!!

Loris_

Old 12-19-2006, 06:55 PM   #2

Send a message via ICQ to Nautilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loris View Post
here is the link to my website where you can find the games details and screenshots: http://www.lorisarts.com/redemption/
Nice ambience and mood! It's a bit confuse to get oriented in the corridors and rooms. But nice job with the visuals.

Last edited by Nautilus; 12-19-2006 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
Nice ambience and mood! It's a bit confuse to get oriented in the corridors and rooms. But nice job with the visuals.
Thanks Nautilus! I know, the overall approach of the game is more surreal than usual because I wanted to experiment and try something different; that is for the puzzles and the navigation. But obviously it didn't really worked well since people get a bit confused overall.
Thanks for playing!!