You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2006, 11:10 PM   #1

Default "Just Another Adventure"

"Just Another Adventure" (JAA) is a classic point-and-click, Lucas-Sierra style adventure game.

"Some incidents, which are best not to be mentioned here, have brought you in Acadra, capital city of the Sultanate of Acath. Here you stand, in front of the Sultan`s palace, wondering what your next mischief will be. Something tells you that inside this magnificent edifice, you will find fabulous wealth and - why not - pleasant company. But will your path be unhindered, or will you have to accomplish perilous deeds first? There is only one way to know: Enter the palace and start your adventure!"

Apart from handsom public domain graphics and music, and some graphics and sounds crafted by Bosskey Productions, JAA is based on a unique, script based, Adventure Game Engine for Game Maker 6.1, that offers (among others):

1. Near 40 rooms adventure game space.
2. Easy and friendly gameplay that includes Walk, Talk, Examine, Interact/Take modes.
3. Game takes place on the entire screen - no interaction areas, just use of function keys.
4. Full inventory system, supporting item taking and discarding, item-on-environment interaction, as well as item-on-item interaction and inside-inventory-item-combining.
5. A good number of NPC characters and creatures, most of them interactable.
6. Full and flexible dialog system, capable of triggering events.
7. Slot loading and saving system, supporting 6 save slots (it can support more, but for the current game 6 is enough).
8. Many other GM features, such as full screen and resolution toggling, particles, paths, and also an "arcade" part.
9. Interesting and funny plot.

Please visit the Game Site
Old 10-18-2006, 01:09 AM   #2
Dungeon Master

Welcome to the Forum, bosskey!

Any relation to "Just Another Point n Click Adventure"?
Old 10-18-2006, 01:42 AM   #3

this looks really interesting. i'm already stuck! (i'm not very good at adventure games, )

Spoiler:

it seems i need to get into the palace. where is the palace? is it the door in the top right corner of the room you start in?
Old 10-18-2006, 09:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP View Post
Welcome to the Forum, bosskey!

Any relation to "Just Another Point n Click Adventure"?
Thanks for the warm welcome!

No relation. I didn't know the existence of this famous game till recently. Otherwise I'd name my game otherwise.

Have fun.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordalles View Post
this looks really interesting. i'm already stuck! (i'm not very good at adventure games, )

Spoiler:

it seems i need to get into the palace. where is the palace? is it the door in the top right corner of the room you start in?
Yes it is, but you have to talk to the town people to get to know how to enter. Try everything! Search everything!

Be sure you read the manual (justlmbk.rtf). Anyone needing a walkthrough, may ask it through the game's site (link "Contact us!").

Have fun.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:40 PM   #6

thanks, i'm in the palace now.

i don't know if this is a bug, but. . .
Spoiler:

when you go in the opening in the floor under the vase, those green particles follows me to every room i go to. the green moving particles from underwater and just above the water.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:00 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordalles View Post
thanks, i'm in the palace now.

i don't know if this is a bug, but. . .
Spoiler:

when you go in the opening in the floor under the vase, those green particles follows me to every room i go to. the green moving particles from underwater and just above the water.
It WAS a bug, but I thought I had fixed it. I ran the game again on two different computers and it worked fine. Anyway, I re-uploaded the game. You may download it in a few days here.

Last edited by bosskey; 10-19-2006 at 01:02 AM. Reason: removed spoiler