You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2006, 12:02 PM   #21
It's Hard To Be Humble

Looking good so far. Looking forward to seeing the final results. Keep us posted.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:34 PM   #22
One Unlikely Hero

Send a message via Yahoo to Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by [toj.cc]Phantom
Hello Alliance. Fancy seeing you here. Can't wait for the remake to get done.
Hey Phantom. Didn't know you liked adventure games. (we know each other from www.ebaumsworldsucks.com)
Everyone, thanks for the comments. It's really cool to have such good and helpful feedbacks.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:33 AM   #23
the short, bearded guy

two suggestions:

firstly - in my humble opinion - i think the storyline of "space quest three" is sufficiently tight that it doesn't need additional elements. certainly, it is a little short, but that's fine. it's a short, immensely well conceived game. i'd leave this well alone.

if you /do/ feel strongly about altering the plot, then i might suggest running a poll on your website to see what the fanbase thinks. i think that might be very telling.

while on the subject, i was thinking, last night, that perhaps some of the readership is correct and that what's needed [particularly in fan remakes] is a slightly different "vision" of the game. this doesn't have to be a rewrite, just a different take on [say] certain scenes. as an example: the part of the game where you have to use the grabber could be rewritten to use slightly different camera perspectives to add to the dramatic effect [particularly the screen where the droid is. for example.]

all this aside - the scenes i've seen so far look good and i wish you the best of luck with this particular project.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:24 PM   #24
One Unlikely Hero

Send a message via Yahoo to Alliance

Hey, folks, just a bit of a bump here!
Our team changed its name last year, you can now find us at www.squadronsixentertainment.com

Progress on the game has kind of slowed down, but things are still getting done.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:07 PM   #25

If I can be the downer, I really think you might want to consider a different style for the background art. I think it's nice that you're trying to go for something similar to SQ4 and 5, but those games used some really impressive hand-painted backgrounds and the I think you've gotten overambitious. The execution isn't there. It would be better to shoot for something simpler that you have the ability to do really well, and then you'll end up with something that looks highly polished, even if it's less ambitious.

Since you seem to be using the original BGs as a template to trace over, stick with pixel art, and just recolor them with a lot more colors and detail. If you need a good pixeler, I know where you can find some.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:14 PM   #26
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Yeah, Pixel art is better than blur art.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 06-04-2007, 12:24 AM   #27

Haven't earlier Space Quest remakes been shut down by Sierra? This would be the first fan-made remake of a Space Quest game that I know of. Damn time, too, because it's my favourite Sierra series.

What's the status?
Old 01-21-2008, 06:34 PM   #28

Default What about using a mix?

Why not use a mix of 2d and 3d?

Use the 3d elements for important foreground imagery and stick to pixel art for the backdrops. I saw this forum a little while ago and saw the pic of the transformers head (I loved it when I first saw it in the game years ago), so I decided to recreate just the head in 3d, it took me a few hours but here it is, only one image as I am shaped atm. but viewable from any angle, as such it makes it much easier to create new screens at different angles, all you really need is the backdrops.

Regards,
Slipoch
Attached Images