You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #1
Magical Marchioness :P

Send a message via ICQ to Deloria Send a message via AIM to Deloria Send a message via MSN to Deloria Send a message via Yahoo to Deloria
Default Voice actors/actresses needed

I'm a team member of a non-commercial team called Spur Byte. We're going to use Wintermute Engine and add a speech pack, we're currently holding auditions for the role of a narrator (we'll be doing the rest of the auditions later). Our forum will be up soon, until then, please record the text below if you're interested and send it to [email protected].
Thanks.
Text:
(says to the world and herself/himself) "It has been so long… I never dreamed I would see the light of day again. I am… free…(emphasizes free) You shattered my prison… my gratitude is… beyond words. (slight pause) My story is a… mournful one. I was buried alive in that marble long ago.
It was my retribution for attempting to break out of this land. If you do not wish to wind up like I did, have faith in no one. You are being incessantly watched and deceived by one, whose motives are sordid. May the heavens above favor you, valiant one."

Last edited by Deloria; 07-08-2006 at 03:52 AM.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:47 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deloria
I'm a team member of a non-commercial team called Spur Byte. We're going to use Wintermute Engine and add a speech pack, we're currently holding auditions for the role of a narrator (we'll be doing the rest of the auditions later). Our forum will be up soon, until then, please record the text below if you're interested and send it to [email protected].
Thanks.
Text:
(says to the world and herself/himself) "It has been so long… I never dreamed I would say the light of day again. I am… free…(emphasizes free) You shattered my prison… my gratitude is… beyond words. (slight pause) My story is a… mournful one. I was buried alive in that marble long ago.
It was my retribution for attempting to break out of this land. If you do not wish to wind up like I did, have faith in no one. You are being incessantly watched and deceived by one, whose motives are sordid. May the heavens above favor you, valiant one."
I know a REALLY excellent first class speech actor who is very interested in taking on voice-acting jobs.

But "it's" a 'she' and not a 'he' i.e. a voice-ACTRESS.
You do not make it clear what gender (or either?) is required ??
Old 07-08-2006, 02:34 AM   #3
Writer-Designer

I thought they were all actors these days.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:34 AM   #4

Send a message via ICQ to Deloria Send a message via AIM to Deloria Send a message via MSN to Deloria Send a message via Yahoo to Deloria

Either is fine.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:31 AM   #5

It is a young lady with a superb UK-English accent to whom I have no 'obligations' or 'connections' but I know is very good (and AFAIK... free).

If you are interested, send me an email (on every one of my 3 dozen walkthroughs). But since I get TONS of spam on my (secondary) Hotmail address, please entitle it "To Len Green-Voice actress"... otherwise it will probably get deleted with the rest of the horrible rubbish!
Old 07-10-2006, 12:27 AM   #6
The Solomon of Sarcasm

I've sent off a recording of the lines to you, Deloria. Hope to hear back from you!

Advertisers don't program morals into their audiences. It would be bad for business.
--Sara Ogaz, Queen of the World

Just about every adventure game includes you needing to combine a ham and a wrench to make a "porkscrew".
--Kevin Wilson
Old 07-10-2006, 02:47 PM   #7
Game Creator Hobbyist

I'm curious... is it just my lack of English knowledge or is the word "retribution" mis-used in the text sample? I thought that "my retribution" would be an action I take and not something that's done to me? It's quite likely that I'm wrong, of course (being Swedish and all), but if that's the case, I'd like to learn.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:31 AM   #8

I've done a LOT of 'work' for several Swedish Developers and I have the utmost respect for their marvelous English (Find so many people born & bred in UK or USA who have such good Swedish! ).

My story is a… mournful one. I was buried alive in that marble long ago.
It was my retribution for attempting to break out of this land. If you do not wish to wind up like I did, have faith in no one.

AFAIK, the above sentences are correct.
It might be slightly better style (??) to say :-
It was retribution for my attempting to break out of this land.

But sometimes one doesn't see 'the wood for the trees'!
I never dreamed I would say the light of day again. I am… free…(emphasizes free)
I never dreamed I would SEE the light of day again
Old 07-11-2006, 01:42 AM   #9
Game Creator Hobbyist

Ok, thanks. Then I've learnt something today. Now I'll turn on my mike...
Old 07-11-2006, 05:35 AM   #10

Quote:
Play my game: Frasse and the Peas of Kejick
Played it of course!
TERRIFIC !!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:44 AM   #11
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

While it's technically correct, I doubt that many native English speakers would choose "retribution" over words like "punishment", unless the aim is to write somewhat overblown text.

Quote:
You are being incessantly watched and deceived by one, whose motives are sordid.
The punctuation here is a little awkward; the comma probably shouldn't be there. And again, I'm not sure that the word "incessantly" would be the best choice, though I can't say that it's actually wrong.

Most of this is a personal opinion, mind you.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 07-11-2006, 04:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemelChelovek
I've sent off a recording of the lines to you, Deloria. Hope to hear back from you!
I haven't answered all of the mails yet, however, I do plan to, so please be patient.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:14 AM   #13

One other thing as I don't think I can edit my first post again: We've changed our minds and all the auditions we now get can be for any of the roles (we choose ourselves which role you're going to get). Also, if any mod could change the title to "Voice actors/actresses needed" that would be great.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:52 PM   #14

Auditions are now closed. Thanks to everyone who participated.