Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   Voice actors/actresses needed (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/15789-voice-actors-actresses-needed.html)

Deloria 07-07-2006 03:53 PM

Voice actors/actresses needed

I'm a team member of a non-commercial team called Spur Byte. We're going to use Wintermute Engine and add a speech pack, we're currently holding auditions for the role of a narrator (we'll be doing the rest of the auditions later). Our forum will be up soon, until then, please record the text below if you're interested and send it to [email protected].
Thanks. :)
Text:
(says to the world and herself/himself) "It has been so long… I never dreamed I would see the light of day again. I am… free…(emphasizes free) You shattered my prison… my gratitude is… beyond words. (slight pause) My story is a… mournful one. I was buried alive in that marble long ago.
It was my retribution for attempting to break out of this land. If you do not wish to wind up like I did, have faith in no one. You are being incessantly watched and deceived by one, whose motives are sordid. May the heavens above favor you, valiant one."

Len Green 07-08-2006 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deloria
I'm a team member of a non-commercial team called Spur Byte. We're going to use Wintermute Engine and add a speech pack, we're currently holding auditions for the role of a narrator (we'll be doing the rest of the auditions later). Our forum will be up soon, until then, please record the text below if you're interested and send it to [email protected].
Thanks. :)
Text:
(says to the world and herself/himself) "It has been so long… I never dreamed I would say the light of day again. I am… free…(emphasizes free) You shattered my prison… my gratitude is… beyond words. (slight pause) My story is a… mournful one. I was buried alive in that marble long ago.
It was my retribution for attempting to break out of this land. If you do not wish to wind up like I did, have faith in no one. You are being incessantly watched and deceived by one, whose motives are sordid. May the heavens above favor you, valiant one."

I know a REALLY excellent first class speech actor who is very interested in taking on voice-acting jobs.

But "it's" a 'she' and not a 'he' i.e. a voice-ACTRESS.
You do not make it clear what gender (or either?) is required ?? :crazy:

Steve Ince 07-08-2006 02:34 AM

I thought they were all actors these days.

Deloria 07-08-2006 02:34 AM

Either is fine. :)

Len Green 07-08-2006 09:31 AM

It is a young lady with a superb UK-English accent to whom I have no 'obligations' or 'connections' but I know is very good (and AFAIK... free).

If you are interested, send me an email (on every one of my 3 dozen walkthroughs). But since I get TONS of spam on my (secondary) Hotmail address, please entitle it "To Len Green-Voice actress"... otherwise it will probably get deleted with the rest of the horrible rubbish!

NemelChelovek 07-10-2006 12:27 AM

I've sent off a recording of the lines to you, Deloria. Hope to hear back from you!

Trumgottist 07-10-2006 02:47 PM

I'm curious... is it just my lack of English knowledge or is the word "retribution" mis-used in the text sample? I thought that "my retribution" would be an action I take and not something that's done to me? It's quite likely that I'm wrong, of course (being Swedish and all), but if that's the case, I'd like to learn.

Len Green 07-11-2006 01:31 AM

I've done a LOT of 'work' for several Swedish Developers and I have the utmost respect for their marvelous English (Find so many people born & bred in UK or USA who have such good Swedish! :9~ ).

My story is a… mournful one. I was buried alive in that marble long ago.
It was my retribution for attempting to break out of this land. If you do not wish to wind up like I did, have faith in no one.

AFAIK, the above sentences are correct.
It might be slightly better style (??) to say :-
It was retribution for my attempting to break out of this land.

But sometimes one doesn't see 'the wood for the trees'! :devil:
I never dreamed I would say the light of day again. I am… free…(emphasizes free)
I never dreamed I would SEE the light of day again

Trumgottist 07-11-2006 01:42 AM

Ok, thanks. Then I've learnt something today. Now I'll turn on my mike...

Len Green 07-11-2006 05:35 AM

Quote:

Play my game: Frasse and the Peas of Kejick
Played it of course!
TERRIFIC !!

RLacey 07-11-2006 09:44 AM

While it's technically correct, I doubt that many native English speakers would choose "retribution" over words like "punishment", unless the aim is to write somewhat overblown text.

Quote:

You are being incessantly watched and deceived by one, whose motives are sordid.
The punctuation here is a little awkward; the comma probably shouldn't be there. And again, I'm not sure that the word "incessantly" would be the best choice, though I can't say that it's actually wrong.

Most of this is a personal opinion, mind you.

Deloria 07-11-2006 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NemelChelovek
I've sent off a recording of the lines to you, Deloria. Hope to hear back from you!

I haven't answered all of the mails yet, however, I do plan to, so please be patient.

Deloria 07-12-2006 09:14 AM

One other thing as I don't think I can edit my first post again: We've changed our minds and all the auditions we now get can be for any of the roles (we choose ourselves which role you're going to get). Also, if any mod could change the title to "Voice actors/actresses needed" that would be great. :)

Deloria 07-23-2006 02:52 PM

Auditions are now closed. Thanks to everyone who participated.