You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2004, 08:27 AM   #21
Doctor Watson

I get a dirty mind from that one...
Old 01-09-2004, 11:00 AM   #22
Jumping peanut on a stick

This looks stunning! Really unique and interesting style. Thanks for posting.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:06 AM   #23

dont need any team members do ya
Old 01-17-2004, 11:29 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJRBURNS
dont need any team members do ya
For now, I have the art and story covered (actually I took on this project to have complete content control because I don't at work ), the only thing I am lacking is somebody who is good at AGAST scripting. I am learning the basics, but having a hard time with the more complicated stuff. I'm sure I will pick it up eventually, but it's taking away from the art time.
Old 01-18-2004, 03:01 AM   #25
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringmaster Bent
For now, I have the art and story covered (actually I took on this project to have complete content control because I don't at work ), the only thing I am lacking is somebody who is good at AGAST scripting. I am learning the basics, but having a hard time with the more complicated stuff. I'm sure I will pick it up eventually, but it's taking away from the art time.
Well, I'm sure you'll have no problem finding a programmer if you show the guys on the Agast forums some of your artwork.

--Erwin
Old 01-18-2004, 09:32 PM   #26

I've got a teaser available for download that contains the intro and the first room (which is about 50% finished). So...you can get a good concept of the humor and the style, but you can't actually accomplish anything other than looking and talking to animated objects in the room. Any feedback would be great.

Known issues (will be fixed when AGAST boards go back up and I can get some help):

-Can't skip logos/intros
-Can move the mouse to the upper left corner and see the action menu during cinematics
-Quirkiness to O'Sirus' path through the room when you click outside of the "track" he is on
-Don't try to save/restore/restart...it could be painful

You can get the teaser at:

http://www.thehorrorcarnival.com/snipquest.zip
Old 01-19-2004, 01:49 AM   #27
Under pressure.

Quote:
I've got a teaser available for download that contains the intro and the first room (which is about 50% finished). So...you can get a good concept of the humor and the style, but you can't actually accomplish anything other than looking and talking to animated objects in the room. Any feedback would be great.

You can get the teaser at:

http://www.thehorrorcarnival.com/snipquest.zip
It wouldn't run on my machine because it can't find a .dll file called d3d9.dll...

--Erwin
Old 01-19-2004, 05:49 AM   #28

Ahhh interesting, that seems to be a DirectX 9 file. Didn't realize it was a requirement.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:35 AM   #29
Under pressure.

Quote:
Ahhh interesting, that seems to be a DirectX 9 file. Didn't realize it was a requirement.
Oi! I knew I forgot to install something after I formatted and re-installed Windows.

--Erwin
Old 02-01-2004, 12:28 AM   #30

There's a new version of the preview up with a massive amount of speech (it's a talkie) in the first room and a bit more to do. I realize there are still quite a few bugs, and the second room is going to look very odd for now, but I'd appreciate any feedback I can get early on. The demo is about 20 megs to download (I will find a good sample rate for the sounds later to save some space) and you do need DirectX9 to run it.