You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2006, 03:09 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTricks
continued playing, but ant find this figurine, can anyone help ?
The figurine is behind glass, inside a display case, in one of the rooms off the courtyard.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:27 PM   #22

I couldnt see door which was leading to this display case where figurine was, but now i found this door. ...and completed after that.

wowowowowowow WOW

This game rocks...
Very good...

9/10
one of the best UG games ive played...good story.(y)
Old 07-21-2006, 01:40 PM   #23

Thanks MadTricks! I had a fun time making it too. It's great to hear that so many people are enjoying it!
Old 07-21-2006, 04:39 PM   #24

Is this simple doing those kinda games? How long it took to make this (sry if its sayid in first page :/ )
Old 07-21-2006, 04:48 PM   #25

Quote:
Is this simple doing those kinda games? How long it took to make this (sry if its sayid in first page :/ )
The software, Adventure Game Studio, is pretty easy to use but it did take me 18 months to complete, working on it whenever I had some free time. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:03 AM   #26

I have this program. How about programming skills etc?
Old 07-22-2006, 10:31 AM   #27

Quote:
I have this program. How about programming skills etc?
If you keep the game simple, you don't need any programming, but for more complicated games you do need some programming. I used some programming for the Oracle.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:05 AM   #28

Default The oracle

HI all
I am playing the game and found that i can't save a game it takes me to the desktop with a little window which says ACI version 2.71.894 Error unable to save game I downloaded the game again but still can't save.Can anyone help to sort this out.
However i can play the game and i am at the point in the game where i have climbed the rope and put the ball in the hole When i click on the map to go back to my room and click on the bed to go to sleep the game won't let me sleep Have i missed something
kenaba
Old 07-29-2006, 11:45 AM   #29

kenaba, that's very strange. I've tried, but can't recreate the error. After you download the game, you unzipped it right? You might be able to run it while compressed but I'm sure that would give you errors. Over 4000 people have downloaded it and you're the first to mention that error so it may be your system.

As for "sleeping", are you sure you put the ball into the hole? You have to pick up the ball first then move it from your inventory into the hole. If you click on the hole after you've placed it inside, it will tell you the ball is in the hole. When you travel back to Nazare and go to your room, clicking on the bed will make you go to sleep. I just confirmed that it indeed works, and again, no one else has had a problem with it.

Not that it should make a difference, but you may also want to try it with the latest release: Version 1.1 (TheOracle11.zip)

Good luck!
Old 07-30-2006, 12:19 AM   #30

Default oracle

HI eugene
Thanks for your reply
Still cant save can you email me the earlier version to try. Am i correct in assuming the game plays straight from the zip file and isnt loaded into program files I think you may have solved the ball problem though i just clicked on the ball at the cliff top didn't realise it went into inventory
My system went down so i have to start again from the beginning which is a pain Can't understand why i can't save all other games running on the computer are fine
kenaba
Old 07-30-2006, 05:23 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenaba
HI eugene
Thanks for your reply
Still cant save can you email me the earlier version to try. Am i correct in assuming the game plays straight from the zip file and isnt loaded into program files I think you may have solved the ball problem though i just clicked on the ball at the cliff top didn't realise it went into inventory
My system went down so i have to start again from the beginning which is a pain Can't understand why i can't save all other games running on the computer are fine
kenaba
Kenaba, you MUST unzip the game before playing it! If you're using Windows XP, right-click the zip file and select "Extract All...". Hopefully that will solve your Saving problem. While Windows let's you browse the zip folder like it's a regular folder it's actually still zipped and that's probably causing the error.
I will PM you a link to the old version of the game but first try the tip above.

Good luck!
Old 08-06-2006, 05:42 PM   #32

Default Finished the Game!

This was a GREAT game! It kept me involved all the way through, and the invironments were really intriguing.
The only problem I had is that I never found the bells to ring. I finally proceeded using hints, but I wish I could have found the bells _ I'm considering playing it again - any hints to help find them?
Old 08-06-2006, 06:23 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momcat
This was a GREAT game! It kept me involved all the way through, and the invironments were really intriguing.
The only problem I had is that I never found the bells to ring. I finally proceeded using hints, but I wish I could have found the bells _ I'm considering playing it again - any hints to help find them?
Glad to hear how much you enjoyed the game! The bells... head to the front of the monestary and turn to your right. You'll see a tomb and a hallway to the left of it. Down that hallway are two rooms, one with a candle stand, and a second with two bells.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #34

Default Thanks!

I didn't realize there were TWO chapels there! It said chapel wherever I moved my cursor, and I thought it was the same one!
Thanks again for a great game - I sure hope you are planning another one. You know you could charge for the next one - it certainly had as much to recommend it as a Quiet Weekend in Capri. All you need is anew game and a website!
Old 08-07-2006, 04:13 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momcat
Thanks again for a great game - I sure hope you are planning another one. You know you could charge for the next one - it certainly had as much to recommend it as a Quiet Weekend in Capri. All you need is anew game and a website!
Thanks again for all the compliments! I certainly am planning another one, perhaps a sequel. But it'll be a while!