You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2006, 11:40 AM   #1

Default King's Quest 3 Remake FINISHED

http://www.infamous-adventures.com/index.php?page=kq3

Of course, this link hit digg.com, and so it's totally swamped and dead at the moment. But the game is now available for download.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:01 PM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

Oooh, goodie!

I'm really looking forward to playing this.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:25 PM   #3

Downloaded (20 minutes on ADSL) & installed. Just looked at it for a few minutes... seems fine.
Takes me back about 17 years when I first played it.

I see in the manual a cast of voice actors. So far there isn't a voice pack .... or is there?
Assuming not, do you intend to get one going and if so when (it might be worth while waiting to play with voices )
Old 06-19-2006, 02:35 PM   #4
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

The site says a voice pack is hopefully coming soon.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:19 PM   #5

Yes:- of course I read the blurb on the Site and know that it's coming 'soon'... but does anybody have any concrete idea whether that means days (I doubt it!), weeks, or months ??

Last edited by Len Green; 06-19-2006 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:31 PM   #6
Explorer

On the site it says the voice pack is coming next week.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:42 PM   #7
Bad command or file name

Wow! Looks fantastic. I wish I had noticed this thread earlier in the eve though. It'll be days before I have time to delve into this. At least I can enjoy the soundtrack in the mean time.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:04 PM   #8
fov
Rattenmonster

Got this error during installation:

Quote:
KQ3.000 This file contains invalid data. (error 21FC)

I tried downloading a second time in case I had a corrupt download and got the same thing. On the plus side, it didn't take too long to download. Still bummed though.

EDIT: Downloaded again from a mirror that was linked to on Digg and it seems to have worked this time. Woo!
Old 06-19-2006, 09:15 PM   #9
The Solomon of Sarcasm

God dammit! I spent 4 hours downloading that damn thing, and I have the same problem as fov with KQ3.000. No way am I doing that all over again.

Advertisers don't program morals into their audiences. It would be bad for business.
--Sara Ogaz, Queen of the World

Just about every adventure game includes you needing to combine a ham and a wrench to make a "porkscrew".
--Kevin Wilson
Old 06-19-2006, 09:36 PM   #10
fov
Rattenmonster

Sorry to hear it.

Does anyone know what triggers the wizard to come back from his journey? Is it time related? (He seemed to be gone an awfully long time...) Or is it related to something you do?

Spoiler:
At first I thought it was a certain (short) amount of time after you visit the Oracle, but I can't get back to my room to hide my loot soon enough no matter what I do, so now I'm wondering if the whole time he's gone is a big timed sequence and I'm screwed? I guess I could restore a game before going to the Oracle and just sit around twiddling my thumbs to see if he comes back... but that doesn't seem like much fun.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:46 PM   #11
the short, bearded guy

fov:

in the original game, it was every half an hour. i haven't looked at this yet, [i'll likely do so tonight] but if there's still a clock somewhere on the interface [like there was with the original] then you /should/ be able to test it out.

just make sure you're back somewhere /just/ before the half an hour is up.

apart from that:

i've been curiously watching this for a while now - it's good to see that it's out. i'm looking forward to [after my final exam today] looking into it.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:55 PM   #12
fov
Rattenmonster

Pfft. No in-game clock. (There is a grandfather clock in the upstairs hall... I was expecting that to play in, but it doesn't seem to. Whenever I look at it I just get a message that it once belonged to the Royal Family of Llewdor.) That's why I was hoping they'd done away with the time limit. Feels like he was gone longer than 25 minutes because I did seem to get WAY more done in that time than I did replaying the original last year, but that could just be because everything's quicker with point and click.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to restore an earlier game and twiddle my thumbs a bit.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:30 AM   #13

Pretty well made, but a bit buggy. I think I'll wait for a patch/voice pack until I play it. But it's definitely nicely made, for sure.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:52 AM   #14
The Solomon of Sarcasm

Where is everyone finding mirrors? They sure aren't listed on the IA site, despite constant references to a list of mirrors, and I can't find them anywhere else.

Advertisers don't program morals into their audiences. It would be bad for business.
--Sara Ogaz, Queen of the World

Just about every adventure game includes you needing to combine a ham and a wrench to make a "porkscrew".
--Kevin Wilson
Old 06-20-2006, 02:47 AM   #15
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerserkerTails
Pretty well made, but a bit buggy. I think I'll wait for a patch/voice pack until I play it. But it's definitely nicely made, for sure.
Same, they are going to release a patch nrxt week and the voice psck, do Im waiting for those.

Played it for 5 minutes though, and it was super, but it will be better with voices.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 06-20-2006, 06:29 AM   #16

Send a message via MSN to kathrynrose Send a message via Yahoo to kathrynrose

Getting the same installation error message too. Does anyone have a link to the mirrors?
Old 06-20-2006, 06:30 AM   #17
fov
Rattenmonster

Digg.com

Look in the Comments. There are three or four mirrors and some torrents listed there.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:44 AM   #18

Send a message via MSN to kathrynrose Send a message via Yahoo to kathrynrose

Thanks found them. Looks nice will be even cooler with the voice pack.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:03 AM   #19

Nice remake but they should have implemented something to
skip time (like in the old dynamix games)

Also some small bugs but I'm sure they will be fixed soon
Old 06-20-2006, 09:06 AM   #20

Send a message via MSN to Ledz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Pfft. No in-game clock. (There is a grandfather clock in the upstairs hall... I was expecting that to play in, but it doesn't seem to. Whenever I look at it I just get a message that it once belonged to the Royal Family of Llewdor.) That's why I was hoping they'd done away with the time limit. Feels like he was gone longer than 25 minutes because I did seem to get WAY more done in that time than I did replaying the original last year, but that could just be because everything's quicker with point and click.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to restore an earlier game and twiddle my thumbs a bit.
There is an in-game clock, you see it in the options menu. And Manannan returns at exactly 30 minutes of game time.