You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2006, 04:01 AM   #1

Default Half Life 2 point-and-click mods

I just read this on Slashdot and thought I would share it here.

It's basically about two Underground point-and-click games using the HL2 engine.

Weekday Warriors
ShantyTown

May be a reason to buy Half Life
Old 06-22-2006, 03:31 PM   #2
Adventure Addict

Default Adventure games in unlikely places.. check this out

I just came across two total conversion mods using the Half-Life 2 (source) engine. They're point and click adventure games, and both are free. I don't have my copy of HL2 handy so I can't try them out, but I'd love to hear some feedback from you guys.

You HAVE to have HL2 installed to play these..

Shantytown:
http://students.guildhall.smu.edu/~s....php?Page=Home
-----------------------------------
Shantytown takes place in an imagined future reality where the earth has been largely overtaken by a jungle of poisonous fungus. Humanity has taken refuge in towering vertical cities protected by massive walls that spray fungicide into the jungle to keep it at bay. A heartless plutocracy controls these cities from the highest levels, while the poor and underprivileged live in squalid conditions in the lower levels. Our story takes place on the tenth level of one of these cities. Technology is more advanced than it is today, but it is only available to the wealthy people at the top. Most people in the city make do with run-down, dilapidated 21st century technology.

Weekday Warrior:
http://students.guildhall.smu.edu/~w...html/home.html
-----------------------------------
Set inside a modern corporate office environment, the player takes on the persona of Doug Smith, a very bored man with the untapped potential for greatness. Because of Doug's status as a corporate drone, the only way for him to explore his potential is to fantasize himself into a more exciting life. Doug, as an avid comic book fan, particularly likes to imagine himself as a character called the mongoose, a James Bond-like super-spy. Enter a plot from the upstairs office that could get doug and all his co-workers fired and suddently the player will have to navigate doug through the drama and political struggle that ensues. Doug has the will to save his office, if only he had the means. Can Doug save all his coworkers from certain doom? Or actually, who cares about the rest of them, can he save himself?

Let me know how they are if any of you try these out. I'm going to borrow my friend's HL2 cd tonight so I can play them. I'll reply back whenever I can.

- Adam
Old 06-23-2006, 02:51 AM   #3
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Those trailers are pretty cool.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 06-23-2006, 03:26 AM   #4

Going to try these tonight. Weekday Warriors looks stunning! Very curious about the gameplay.

Cheers, JJ
Old 06-23-2006, 04:26 AM   #5

Did anyone try them yet?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:23 AM   #6
I know it's 'Pancake'....

Yea I played Weekday Warrior, it's a great little game, but don't get too excited about it.. the puzzles are pretty much layed out for you, the hardest puzzle I came accross was having to find a T-Shirt in one of 3 rooms, you can imagine it wasn't that hard at all. Overall, I finnished the game in about 15 minutes , bit of humor in there, graphics are decent, they only really used the bog-standard HL2 art assets apart from the characters, thevoice acting is definateley decent. It's just a mini-game, don't expect to be playing it for more than 20 minutes.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:54 PM   #7

I just completed weekday warrior. I have severeal hundreds of points missing in the end so I am wondering what it is I have to do so I will get full points.