You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2006, 03:58 PM   #1

Default Fountain of Youth demo - released

The much anticipated demo of Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth is finally available to download and try out for yourself! It's taken over two years to release but now it's ready for show, and should give you a tiny impression of just what is to come in the future.

The original demo, which almost surfaced in 2005 - had three programmers, and all was lost when the lead programmer dissapeared without ever uploading the game files for the team to continue working from. After this, a new programmer was recruited - and the demo you will play today has been entirely built from scratch by Jan Simon - a keen programmer who has worked extremely hard on pulling our work together, using only the compiled original version for reference and adding every single bit of detail back in himself.

Don't let this fool you though - more time means more ideas, new looks and better gameplay. The team have been able to implement things like the fight engine which was only really being concieved back in 2005. However, Jan has made it possible and in this demo you will get a taster of some of the action sequences in the game. Unlike the original demo, this version features all the correct dialogue written superbly by Lorn Conner.

The demo itself features an array of features that will be included in the full-game. Bear in mind, this is just a demo & so a lot of what we hope to include in the full game to really bring the atmosphere together - has been left out. The demo features a seperate storyline to the full-game but includes some structure that you can expect from the full game - including cut-scenes, inventory based puzzles, dialogue puzzles & action sequences. There's also over 25 minutes of original music especially composed for the demo, and over 15 unique interactive rooms to explore - all in beautiful 320x200 hand-drawn artwork by Misja van Laatum.

Did you know - we hope to release a talkie version of the demo in the near future! With your help, we can get Doug Lee on board as the voice of Indiana Jones! If you would like to hear him as Indy again in a brand new adventure, take a look at the donations page on our website.

http://www.barnettcollege.com/

It's time to finally see what we've been hiding all this time. You will find all the information and downloads you need below, on our demo page - which also includes technical information as there are still a couple of known bugs floating about in this version! (1.0).

So - sit back & hold on to your hats, it's time for your latest adventure!

http://www.barnettcollege.com/demo.htm

FoY is a freeware point & click by Screen 7, who are in no way affiliated with LucasArts, LucasFilm or George Lucas. Though, like most - we'd love it if we were!

PS - Yes, some minor bugs do still exist. Check out the readme to see what we are aware of, before sending us any reports! None the less - ENJOY!
Old 05-25-2006, 04:08 PM   #2

WHOOPEE !!
Old 05-25-2006, 06:25 PM   #3
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

April Fools!
Old 05-25-2006, 06:51 PM   #4
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

I wouldn't mind getting one of those DVD box editions...
Old 05-25-2006, 07:44 PM   #5

I have been waiting so long for this!! Great demo!! Should be a heck of a great full game!
Old 05-25-2006, 09:16 PM   #6

Lovely, downloading now!
Old 05-25-2006, 09:48 PM   #7

I've only been in to two locations but i must say that i'm impressed by the graphics...I hope the story is just as good.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:41 PM   #8

I've played for a half hour or so, still can't get past the Nazi yet, but so far the graphics and interface are lovely, the music and sound is great, and the writing is top notch. Even the lucasarts style in-jokes are right on the mark.

So, as above, I hope the story and puzzles in the full game come up to the high standard of the demo so far!

Congratulations to the team, so far the whole experience has taken me back 15 or so years to the first time I played FOA.

So, full release in 2007? Maybe?
Old 05-25-2006, 11:41 PM   #9
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

I´ve been waiting for this demo SOOO long! Downloading it now!
Old 05-26-2006, 01:06 AM   #10
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

So sureal.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 05-26-2006, 07:41 AM   #11

Gah! It runs fine on the Mac AGS player up until the cutscenes on Bimini end. Once gameplay starts it crashes. I think it has something to do with being in 16-bit, as games that aren't 32-bit always seem to crash at some point on Mac.

But the intro looks great!
Old 05-26-2006, 11:31 PM   #12

It's so amazing!

AG: You should post a news item on the adventuregamers.com main page. More people have to know about it!
Old 05-26-2006, 11:37 PM   #13

...so, anyone figured out how to pass the nazi guy?
Old 05-27-2006, 01:36 AM   #14

Quote:
...so, anyone figured out how to pass the nazi guy?
Spoiler:
Do you remember how to make a VERY primitive compass?
Old 05-27-2006, 02:23 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Green
Spoiler:
Do you remember how to make a VERY primitive compass?
Spoiler:
Well, i think so. I figured i should fill the cup with water and float the magnetized needle/cork in it. However i can't find any water i could use. Is there another way? I can't guess how would a compass help in this situation though.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:38 AM   #16

Keregioz, you're thinking in the completely wrong direction. Try to do the exact opposite.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:33 AM   #17

Spoiler:
Once you have the NEEDLE (in the cork) you're 'there' ... you don't need a COMPASS at all.
Just extract the needle (inside inventory) ... and continue
Old 05-27-2006, 05:59 AM   #18
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahS
It's so amazing!

AG: You should post a news item on the adventuregamers.com main page. More people have to know about it!
Kind of like this one (that was posted a few hours after the demo was released) then?
Old 05-27-2006, 06:14 AM   #19

Amazing! A demo that was definitely worth the wait.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:18 AM   #20
Pixelhunter

I'm so useless at adventure games, yet I love them. Now I'm stuck outside the cave mouth at La Boca del Diablo.

Spoiler:
I've discovered that there is something special about the round rock and I've taken the clipboard but then what?