You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures New game: Frasse and the Peas of Kejick

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2006, 11:51 PM   #61

Im stuck .. I've come up to the dragons door but cant get to it before it closes... I love the game. It's so cute!

I'll try the spoiler stuff that was posted here.. any further help would be highly appreciated.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:16 AM   #62
Game Creator Hobbyist

jeanxpi:
Spoiler:
If you haven't fixed the broken light, do so now.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:34 AM   #63

Send a message via AIM to The Avatar
Default Wonderful Game!

Hi there! I downloaded the game a week ago, and finished it that night.. It was very good! I really thought all the puzzles were well thought out, and fun to solve! I'm just so happy I was able to finish the whole thing without any help! I got stuck briefly (for a couple minutes) at a few places, but once I realized there weren't any deadends, I gained the confidence to plug away and figure them all out! Terrific adventure.

The only gripe I have is just a personal pride issue, because you had a way to get around it in the game:

Spoiler:
How did the words OPEN + NOW = MAGIC make that number for the lever?? I tried all sorts of coding, using the clue "oh = 9", but nothing came up with the numbers that were the answer Gurra gives you!

Someone mentioned that there are items you never use.. i recall one:
Spoiler:
The flag from the peak of the mountain.
any reason for it?

Also.. something I didn't discover until the second time playing it:

Spoiler:
I really enjoyed turning into a bunny! hehe awesome.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:31 AM   #64
Game Creator Hobbyist

Thanks a lot, The Avatar.

And to answer your questions:
Spoiler:
OPEN+NOW=MAGIC.
Replace each letter with a number in a way so that OPEN+NOW becomes MAGIC. It's a math puzzle. I remembered doing that kind of thing in school, and liking it, but since it's not exactly obvious (and some people hate math) the workaround was added.

Any reason for the flag?
As the game came out, not really. There's nothing you can do with it, and pretty much it's only there so that there's a reason for the spade to be there. I made the game one third at the time and when I placed the flag there I wanted to make use for it in the final section, but never found a good use for it later.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:49 AM   #65

Thanks again Trumgottist, for this great game and for your kind words to us players at the end of it!

I have a couple of questions as well:

Spoiler:
when can you turn into a bunny?and also, when you use the crystal ball you get right to the end, or rather, you "die", was that intended?
Old 03-12-2006, 09:39 AM   #66
Game Creator Hobbyist

Charlie:
Spoiler:
If you touch the magic sparks in the dark room, you turn into a bunny (temporarily).

You don't die or end the game if you use the crystal ball. You just get to see a bit of the future. Let the credits run, and the game will continue.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:47 AM   #67

i finally finished the game.

i enjoyed the first part of the game, but as the game progressed i was a bit disappointed. i would have loved to see a bit more animations (although, i dont know how much time you had to make the game). and some of the puzzles were a bit illogical, and i didn't like the maze area. although, im not very good at adventure games (since i dont try the use everything with everything approach). the music was really great (the part i liked most, especially the song at the beach). i also think the graphics had a nice appeal to them, and it's a style you can improve on in future games. i didn't see the humour other people were talking about, since there wasn't really that much dialogue in the whole game.
Spoiler:
also, why couldn't i ask the dragon to free cassie also?

all in all, nice game, that would have profitted from more animation and a little bit on the graphics side.
ps, i hope i don't sound harsh, since im the only one who seems to not absolutely love it.

Last edited by AFGNCAAP; 03-19-2006 at 03:01 PM. Reason: spoiler tags added
Old 03-19-2006, 01:46 PM   #68
Game Creator Hobbyist

Thanks, Mordalles. I'm glad to hear your comments even though you didn't like the game that much. As far as I'm concerned, any feedback is a good thing. Yes, I mean it. Even if someone hates the game, I'd like to hear about that, too. (If anyone hating the game is reading this, you should feel free to mail me your comments. Or feel free to post them. Either way, I'll welcome it.) I intend to continue making games, and while mails saying "I loved your game" feels very good to recieve (I've actually recieced those - yay!), a post such as yours that tries to say why you didn't like it is more useful.

In regards to your question: (Spoiler tags added. Maybe you could do the same to the relevant part of your post, in case someone who hasn't played the game reads this?)
Spoiler:
You can ask him. It's just not in the dialogue options. Use the hand icon on the window bars.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:35 AM   #69

no, i actually like the game, and enjoyed quite a lot. i think it's a really good game. i dont hate it at all! its definitely one of the better independent games out, and some of the backgrounds were really awesome, like the one you start at. sorry, but i sometimes struggle to be clear with my poor english.

when i talk about animation im thinking about a game like apprentice 2, which had awesome animation. and sprites. and dialogue like cedric and the revolution. where real care were put in every little frame of animation.

i was just trying to point out what would have made your game go from really great to awesome.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:59 AM   #70

Default help!

Hiya,

Just started this game today, but am having problems changing character - I read you can click on the one you want to be, but this doesn't seem to work, it only brings up the "verb-wheel" for your current character?

Any help would be appreciated, as I am now stuck quite near the beginning, and would love to continue with this game a bit more!

Thanks,

K
Old 04-01-2006, 06:55 AM   #71
Game Creator Hobbyist

Hi, Ktzzer

You can't switch characters until you have characters to switch between. You need to convince the other character to come along first.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:17 AM   #72

Hi,
Still no joy, I have tried talking endlessly to Gurra but can't persuade him! aaaagh!
Old 04-01-2006, 08:53 AM   #73
Game Creator Hobbyist

As you've noted, talking is not enough. You need to do something else. (Additional hint below.)
Spoiler:
Why do you want him along? Tell him what you're up to!

(Complete spoiler below.)
Spoiler:
Show him the paper found in the same location. ("Wanted...")
Old 04-01-2006, 09:40 AM   #74

Thank you so much! Hooray!
Old 04-22-2006, 09:03 AM   #75
\,,/ O_o \,,/

Send a message via AIM to Wersus Send a message via MSN to Wersus

Ummhh... Is the game supposed to begin next to a boat on a beach without any intro? And the characters are talking about things I really haven't heard of. Judging from the review of AG I've started from some other chapter than the first...
When I start the game it says "someone proudly presents Frasse" etc and then without any menu the game begins on the beach. I just downloaded the game from the official site and I'm using Win XP.

Edit: And of course I've tried to reinstall etc.

Last edited by Wersus; 04-22-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:25 AM   #76
Game Creator Hobbyist

Aaargh! Oops. Sorry.

The first third of the game is missing. I messed up when I last updated the game - in February - and it's been messed up since. I'll fix it immediately and post here again when it's done.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:31 AM   #77
\,,/ O_o \,,/

Send a message via AIM to Wersus Send a message via MSN to Wersus

Okies. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:41 AM   #78
Game Creator Hobbyist

Now it's updated. I'm really sorry for anyone who've downloaded the faulty version - when am I going to learn to always test any change? The updated game has version number 1.03 (shown in the installer and in the readme).

And thanks for letting me know about it!

Last edited by Trumgottist; 04-22-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:09 PM   #79

Quote:
Thanks, Mordalles. I'm glad to hear your comments even though you didn't like the game that much. As far as I'm concerned, any feedback is a good thing. Yes, I mean it. Even if someone hates the game, I'd like to hear about that, too. (If anyone hating the game is reading this, you should feel free to mail me your comments. Or feel free to post them. Either way, I'll welcome it.) I intend to continue making games, and while mails saying "I loved your game" feels very good to recieve (I've actually recieced those - yay!), a post such as yours that tries to say why you didn't like it is more useful.
I DO like FatPoK. I think that it’s an excellent freeware game containing, amongst other things, a LOT of originality.

Now its beta-testers are going to slaughter me!
I’ve beta-tested at least 2 dozen games (and written about 3 dozen walkthroughs). A few of these have been made by Swedish Developers (including Frasse!) and all have been excellent… Sweden seems to excel, and in many fields IMHO!

However, I apologize, but my tester’s experience causes me to automatically notice the subtitles… possibly somewhat more when there are only texts and no speech!

I am probably only about half way through the game, but I have already noticed just a few mistakes which detract a little from the generally excellent English. I recommend correcting the errors so that the texts are 100% instead of only 90%.

I’m writing this now since I’ve just come across another error:-
Yes, it sounds strange, but I can’t put any other words on it”.
This should be ……
“Yes, it sounds strange, but I can’t put any other words to it”.
Or maybe better still ……
“Yes, it sounds strange, but I can’t describe it in any other words”.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:18 PM   #80
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Green
I recommend correcting the errors so that the texts are 100% instead of only 90%.
Certainly. I'm grateful when errors are brought to my attention so that I can fix them. You said that you've found some additional errors besides the one you mentioned - if you can recall those, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me about them. (I can be contacted through a mail form on my site, or a PM or post here.)

And in defense of the testers, the line you mention was added in one of the last beta versions - maybe even in the public release - in an attempt to make that area less confusing. I take full responsibility for it.