You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2006, 05:31 PM   #1
Staff Member

Default Emily Enough

Little pointer for you here - I've not seen this game get much attention from the community, but it's really rather good. It does a nice line in the blackest of black humour (think American McGee meets Tim Burton meets Emily Bronte meets Lemony Snicket meets Edward Gorey) and the puzzles are all fairly logical and simple (although there is one bit of awful pixel hunting). It's quite short, but one of a planned series. In fact, this game is exactly the reason gaming needs indies, (I'm talking to you AudioSoldier) because it takes creative risks that no company would back (especially as now the NIMF/Crazy Ole Uncle Jack would have a field day taking elements out of context) and mostly they pay off. So if murderous little girls, swearing, graphic violence, paedophilia, and, worst of all A JOKE SUGGESTING COMPANIES HAVE TRIED TO CASH IN ON 9/11 (gasp) don't put you off, then I would recommend you head over to the AGS site and download this deliciously dark yet droll satire. And no, I'm not the developer.

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 01-28-2006 at 03:11 AM.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:27 PM   #2
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Is there no site for it?
Old 01-27-2006, 05:04 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Go to Adventure Game Studios and click on the medium length games. It's alphabetical.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:33 PM   #4
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

There's also a review at Adventure Europe and a download link in the right column.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:11 PM   #5

Stu, thanks for the excellent review/recommendation. It's nice to know that all that work hasn't gone unappreciated. One thing though--it's not a planned series. If I had a team of artists at my disposal I'd be happy to make sequels/prequels, but since I'm just on my own I'd rather work on new projects. I've got something in the works that will blow Emily Enough away (I think), and I'll announce it here when it's done.

Thanks again,

Logan

P.S. Sorry about that pixel hunt puzzle...I hate pixel hunts too and didn't realize it was that bad. It won't happen again!
Old 01-31-2006, 02:02 AM   #6
Dungeon Master

Welcome to the Forum, anarcho.

I haven't played Emily yet, but heard good things about it. Keep us updated on when your new project is done.