You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2005, 08:52 PM   #1
capsized.

Default 7 Days A Skeptic

Mh, juicy! I remember having played its "predecessor" more than two years ago. Even though both games share the same basic structure, they're both worthwile efforts (or downloads, so to say). Decent and pretty gripping narratives, especially for amateur games. Though I'm stuck now..
Spoiler:
The captain is chasing me all over the ship and I have no single clue what to do. Tried to lure him into the airlock to blast him out into space. However: That_doesn't_work
. That scene is getting my blood pumping (in a good way). Googling for a walkthrough now.

Last edited by samIamsad; 12-25-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:00 AM   #2
Life and times of...

I felt as I think Yahtzee himself (I apologize if I remember wrong)... He concentrated a bit too much on the horror etc. I never actually finished it, a bit because of that. I won't say anymore, so that I wouldn't spoil anything... (What tags?)

But I think that in where you're at (been a long time, so I can't give a perfectly subtle hint, but still I'll try),
Spoiler:
since you can't kill him normally, and the airlock didn't work, maybe there's some other way of destroying him, or getting him away from where you are.
Well, maybe that wasn't the best of hints... If it wasn't,
Spoiler:
maybe there's something inside the ship that someone can drop into
Now to be specific,
Spoiler:
I don't remember what that place actually was, just what it looked like, but when you get there, you might have trouble actually dropping him. You need to have something to hit him with and he shouldn't see you there...
Spoiler:
And if you don't know how to hide, there should be a shadow there.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:46 PM   #3
capsized.

Thanks! I finished the game and really liked it. This particular "puzzle" had been a bit off indeed*. Nevertheless, good job. That guy knows how to keep the tension high (even when designing an *cough* adventure game).

* edit: Here's one fault of this puzzle: He chose to stick to that old, well (or not so well if you get the drift) established format, point&click adventure (as in: Monkey Island, Gabriel Knight, etc). So... who the hell would expect interactivity in such a game that goes beyond these cute click-click-clickable thingies we call hotspots? It would've been more obvious what to do if he added one.

Last edited by samIamsad; 12-26-2005 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:53 PM   #4
Translate Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
Googling for a walkthrough now.
I know you've already finished the game, but for the future it might be helpful to know that Yahtzee posts walkthroughs for all his games right on the main Ramblomatic website. I think it's a great way for an author to avoid answering dozens of e-mail questions when people get stuck - thus having more time left to make new games!

By the way, have you tried his Adventures in the Galaxy of Fantabulous Wonderment? It might not appeal to all fans of the 5 Days or 7 Days, as it combines a space trading game with an adventure, but I rather enjoyed it.

Cheers,
doroposo
Old 12-28-2005, 05:19 AM   #5
capsized.

I downloaded the Fantabulous Wonderment a couple o' months ago, but haven't finished it yet. Nice game, though.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:44 AM   #6

hehehe.... I played 5 days and finished it, but not 7 days, cause I kept getting freaked out when that Jason Vorhees type, evil spirit- thing came out of nowhere and sliced me up. Suppose I will have to one day...