You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures RMI project (inspired by Monkey Island)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2006, 01:23 PM   #21

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

hah, i wish i could help in the graphical department, heck ive been looking for an artist for my webcomic for a year... cause i sure as hell cant do it.

My normal voice? i only have a sexy man voice for my normal voice.. I do have a few non normal voices though, I really dont have a character preference either... Ill see what i can pull out of ...
Old 06-28-2006, 05:03 AM   #22
MI-TLY

Send a message via MSN to storyteller
Default Alive and kicking

Whoa... long time no see!

Time for a little update:

The Revival of MI now has:

- enhanced verbcoin-type gui
- proper music to go with the game
- CMI-type backgrounds (see attachments)
- and a whole lot more...

we're hard at work plugging away at part 1, which will come up for betatesting in a few months. after betatesting is done, we'll release the first part as a demo, to show everyone what we've been working at.

enjoy the screenies!
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2006, 05:55 AM   #23
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Very nice. Rasta Murray? lol

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 06-29-2006, 03:45 AM   #24
The Solomon of Sarcasm

Nice artwork, but the dreads on the Rasta skull on the verb coin look way too MSPaint-y. Other than that, looking good. I'm always extremely skeptical of Monkey Island fan games (no one I've seen can do LucasArts adventures justice except pre-Star-Wars-craze LucasArts), but yours at least seems to look good (character sprite's kinda blocky, though).

Advertisers don't program morals into their audiences. It would be bad for business.
--Sara Ogaz, Queen of the World

Just about every adventure game includes you needing to combine a ham and a wrench to make a "porkscrew".
--Kevin Wilson
Old 06-30-2006, 11:02 AM   #25
MI-TLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemelChelovek
Nice artwork, but the dreads on the Rasta skull on the verb coin look way too MSPaint-y. Other than that, looking good. I'm always extremely skeptical of Monkey Island fan games (no one I've seen can do LucasArts adventures justice except pre-Star-Wars-craze LucasArts), but yours at least seems to look good (character sprite's kinda blocky, though).
thanks for the crit. we're constantly trying to improve everything. You know, if you're really that skeptical, I bet you make a good betatester for our demo... I'll inform you when the time comes. (don't expect it to be soon, though)

-------------------------------------------

NOTICE: we're looking for a gifted animation artist, who can make animations to match our graphic style.

if you can draw animations with vector graphics (flash, illustrator,...), create 3d to 2d animations (only experienced 3d artists, please), or even just make basic sprite animations (with photoshop or something) in this style, and feel upto the challenge:

send me a PM or email with a small sample of your work, and I'll contact you and answer any questions you might have.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:22 PM   #26
The Solomon of Sarcasm

I'd be happy to betatest for the thingy whenever it comes out.

Advertisers don't program morals into their audiences. It would be bad for business.

Just about every adventure game includes you needing to combine a ham and a wrench to make a "porkscrew".
--Kevin Wilson
Old 08-04-2006, 07:09 AM   #27
MI-TLY

After all this time, it's time for an update, but first I want to notify those that PM'd me a while ago, I send you an answer. (sorry for not noticing new messages. I set my account to send emails on new PM's now, so this won't happen again.)

update: we've started to use webcollab, so I can give some nice clean stats:

Revival of MI, part 1:

GUI: 100%
Coding: 80%
Puzzles/Dialogs: 70%
Animations: 0%
Characters: 0%
Backgrounds: 55%
Movies: 10%
Music: 75%

animations and characters: we decided to dump our old crappy stuff and start afresh using sketches and vector graphics. While this is a temporary setback, it will increase the development speed by a lot. There's still an opening or two on our team if you know how to work with vector graphics... (preferably flash)

movies: we got the project files for the old ones, but need to be updated with new graphics
Old 08-05-2006, 06:32 PM   #28
The Solomon of Sarcasm

I'm glad you're redoing the character animations; the originals looked like they were taken straight from MI3 and altered a little.

--Kevin Wilson