You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2008, 08:00 AM   #161

If I was getting paid to make ND I might do left/right versions for all the animations, but for now you'll just have to suffer.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:12 AM   #162

Nice to hear about Nearly departed. I'm soooo waiting for the game.
The Demo was superb! Made me addicted.
I only heard today of Emerald City Confidential, but I love the idea behind the story and the screenshots.
Thanks for the informations and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you (or for me??) concerning Nearly departed.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:16 PM   #163
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGreenArt View Post
If I was getting paid to make ND I might do left/right versions for all the animations, but for now you'll just have to suffer.
If I am getting paid to play ND I might just agree to suffer.

But seriously, I wouldn't ask if this wasn't breaking the illusion (for me) in an otherwise gorgeously looking game, so feel free to read my petty complaints as compliments instead.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:19 PM   #164

Send a message via MSN to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman

Whats the latest in the development scene John.....? Should we hope for its release now..........
Old 11-23-2008, 09:36 AM   #165

I wouldn't say to start hoping just yet. A workable version is still a bit of a ways off, then there'd need to be testing, add sound, music, etc.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:07 AM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGreenArt View Post
I've got $5.36 cents. Get to work!

(seriously, though, I don't know why you don't go commercial with this, or at least shareware, but I admire the commitment)
Old 11-27-2008, 04:03 AM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
I've got $5.36 cents. Get to work!

(seriously, though, I don't know why you don't go commercial with this, or at least shareware, but I admire the commitment)
Going commercial can mean a bunch of things, though. Look at how long it took Bill Tiller and Ron Gilbert to find people who'd put up money to finance their games.

If I was to self-publish, or even have a smaller publisher put out the game for commercial purposes, I'd still be in the same boat I am now. I wouldn't see any money until the game is done.

There actually have been a few companies who've said they might be interested in publishing the game once it's done, the operative word here being "might".

There are other factors: I don't really have the time to try and push the game on publishers, and if one did want to publish it I'm not sure if I'd be able to deliver it 100%. By that I mean in terms of the engine/software. The engine isn't perfect, and I can't fix this bugs, just try to jury rig it so the game plays to my satisfaction. If a publisher said "we love it, just make the player able to turn on/off subtitles" I would not be able to accommodate that.

But hey, if there are publishers out there who wanna talk, send 'em my way.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #168

I've spoken to a lot of developers in my line of work, and for games like yours, I've heard time and time again that the only publisher that matters is Valve/Steam.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #169

Hmm, I'll have to look into that.