Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   Quest for Glory 2 VGA Remake (and Al Emmo) (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/11418-quest-glory-2-vga-remake-al-emmo.html)

Dasilva 10-23-2005 03:52 PM

Quest for Glory 2 VGA Remake (and Al Emmo)

Hi all,

Just thought it would be nice to start a topic about the Quest for Glory 2 VGA Remake.

Here is a quote from the latest journal entry:

Quote:

10-17-05
Anonymous Game Creator #2

After a temporary hiatus our main priority has shifted back to QFG2VGA again. The next phase of development will involve programming the finishing touches for a few in-game scenes, addressing the daunting list of bugs, and a LOT of play testing to make sure that the game is stable from beginning to end with all character classes (and hybrids).

We've been receiving a lot of comments lately from fearful fans, expressing concern that the QFG2VGA project may have died/been discontinued due to the lack of updates on the site. It hasn't. The game is close to 90% complete with the bulk of the remaining work lying in the programming department. Programming and bug fixing reports don't usually make for very interesting news articles, so at this stage we try to focus on getting the game finished so you'll be able to play it faster!

http://www.agdinteractive.com/images/news-33.jpg

Jackalmen! Finally, here's a glimpse of things to come in the form of a screenshot. In this picture, we see a pack of vicious Jackalmen surrounding the hero as night descends upon the land of Shapeir.
I think AGDI have come pretty far, they've given the adventure game community so much pleasure with their 2 Kings Quest Remakes.

Do you guys think that they will make anymore remakes? It may just be me but I get the vibe that they will put a close on AGDI after QFG2 VGA because they would want to focus on their comercial projects so they could actually get some money for their efforts.

artwking4 10-23-2005 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire
Do you guys think that they will make anymore remakes? It may just be me but I get the vibe that they will put a close on AGDI after QFG2 VGA because they would want to focus on their comercial projects so they could actually get some money for their efforts.

I doubt they'll do another free one any time soon. As much as I like the remakes, I'd like to see them do their own original games and see that they get paid for their works. They deserve it.

Filmman 10-24-2005 07:13 PM

I love to see the Quest for Glory 2 VGA Remake I am a big fan of Quest for glory

Ninth 10-25-2005 06:40 AM

I really wish they would remake other games (especially the old Sierra EGA games, that way I could finally play them without my eyes burning), but yeah, they're probably better off making their own games.

Dasilva 10-25-2005 06:42 AM

For some reason I don't like the character of their new game. He looks stumpy and ugly. :shifty:

Ninth 10-25-2005 06:49 AM

Quote:

For some reason I don't like the character of their new game. He looks stumpy and ugly. :shifty:

A true Sierra character. :P

Dasilva 10-25-2005 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninth
A true Sierra character. :P

Roger Wilco is good looking, King Graham might appeal to my grandma, Larry has a bold patch but he still isent as fugly as the character in this Al Emmo game. I mean LArry was cute in the cuddle bear sort of way. But I woulden't know that because I'm very manly MAN. :9

fov 10-25-2005 07:09 AM

He's supposed to be stumpy and ugly. That's the point. :)

I actually felt the same way initially, but I got to play through part of the game earlier this year when I wrote a preview on it, and found him very endearing. Totally changed my opinion of him. :D

Dasilva 10-25-2005 07:12 AM

But he wears glasses. What adventurer wears glasses? :shifty: ;)

Ninth 10-25-2005 07:17 AM

Quote:

Roger Wilco is good looking, King Graham might appeal to my grandma, Larry has a bold patch but he still isent as fugly as the character in this Al Emmo game. I mean LArry was cute in the cuddle bear sort of way. But I woulden't know that because I'm very manly MAN. :9

Roger Wilco? Did you play SQ5, when his sprites goes near the screen? That's what I call ugly. Square-head. (I'm talking about Wilco here :))

Kolorabi 10-25-2005 07:17 AM

I think the two first EGA games are the best in the series. The new icon system introduced in the third one (and in a bunch of other Sierra adventures) just isn't as enjoyable to use as the text parser they had in the two first (which was also superior to what you find in their other games with text input). The graphics are much crisper as well.

So what I'd really like is Quest for Glory 4: EGA Remake. ;)

Dasilva 10-25-2005 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolorabi
I think the two first EGA games are the best in the series. The new icon system introduced in the third one (and in a bunch of other Sierra adventures) just isn't as enjoyable to use as the text parser they had in the two first (which was also superior to what you find in their other games with text input). The graphics are much crisper as well.

So what I'd really like is Quest for Glory 4: EGA Remake. ;)

Yeah, lets remake QFG4 into AGI. That would be amazing. :crazy:

Kolorabi 10-26-2005 04:13 AM

Quote:

Yeah, lets remake QFG4 into AGI. That would be amazing. :crazy:

Not AGI, SCI0 (or SCI0.5).

sadiqu 10-26-2005 04:56 AM

We're man too :\

Quote:

Just what do you mean by that? ;(

Erpy 10-26-2005 05:28 AM

Quote:

He's supposed to be stumpy and ugly. That's the point.
It is indeed. A fair amount of the jokes in the game, both by the narrator and the NPC's, are there to poke fun at the main character.

http://www.agdiforums.com/forum/imag...s/Nashnorm.jpg

sadiqu 10-26-2005 06:01 AM

If the main character isn't a girl... well ... I like them as ugly as they can come...

Dasilva 10-26-2005 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadiqu
If the main character isn't a girl... well ... I like them as ugly as they can come...

Personally if you have to saduce a woman in a game I don't think someone that butt ugly could do it unless he own the Lost Dutchmens mine. :P

fov 10-26-2005 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erpy
It is indeed. A fair amount of the jokes in the game, both by the narrator and the NPC's, are there to poke fun at the main character.

And several of them had me laughing out loud, so Himalaya's doing something right. :D

reno6 10-26-2005 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadiqu

Thus your avatar? :D

Orange Brat 10-26-2005 06:46 AM

Quote:

What do those blasted spectacles have to do with his/her ability to properly adventure and globe hop? :crazy: