You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2005, 07:56 PM   #1
Rogue Agent

Default New SQ Fanproject; Members Wanted

Hello Adventure Gamers. A new Space Quest fan game has recently been started. The team is currently comprised of Xandel, Vroomfondel, and myself. We are looking to expand this team as we could use an extra hand or two to help us out. We are currently looking for:

1. Artists
2. Programmers
3. Musicians, Composers, Sound effects guys, etc.
4. An extra writer or two.

Please send us a resume at any of the following:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

These resumes will be reviewed by Xandel, Vroom, and myself. If we add you to the team, we would like it if you had AIM so we could talk to each other via IM.
Thanks, The Team
Old 10-21-2005, 11:24 PM   #2
Neolithic Literary Ronin.

More information about your goals for the project, por favor. I'd be interested to hear the particulars, such as whether it's 3D or 2D, what kind of engine, depth and length and so on.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:46 PM   #3
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by melancholick
More information about your goals for the project, por favor. I'd be interested to hear the particulars, such as whether it's 3D or 2D, what kind of engine, depth and length and so on.
Yes, you don't want us to sign a blank contract because thats what your asking. Will this game be made in EGA? VGA? True colour? Cartoony? Resolution? Will you use Wintermute? AGS?

I'll consider joining as an Artist if I know what I am going to sign up for.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:10 PM   #4
Rogue Agent

Okay folks, the answers you all have been waiting for ! At this point, the game will be:

1. 2D
2. AGS
3. VGA
4. A medium-to-long length game
5. Kinda like SQ4 and 5

Hope that answers all questions, if not, let us know.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:41 AM   #5
Hitch-Hiker

Personally, Wintermute has some very nifty features that could give an adventure game that extra edge. Such such being able to control the scrolling speed of certain objects, special effects... Just a friendly suggestion though.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:23 AM   #6
Rogue Agent

Okay, we currently have one artist; right now we're looking for someone who specializes in character art. After that, it's the same as what was on the list. Send you're resumes to the e-mails listed, and we'll get back to ASAP.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:12 PM   #7
Plumber-x company

Send a message via AIM to Filmman Send a message via Yahoo to Filmman

Wow a New Space Quest Fanmade Game what is the name going to be
Old 10-25-2005, 04:10 PM   #8
Rogue Agent

A title is still in the works. This project has just recently been launched; give it a little time and you'll get results. Time and more people joining our team .
Old 12-20-2005, 09:11 PM   #9
Rogue Agent

Ha! We're back and we're still looking for help. The game is currently going to be made in AGS. We've got 90% of the script roughed out with one section left to complete. We are currently looking for artists. Big-time. We need:

1. Background artists.
2. Sprite Artists.
3. Inventory Artists.
4. Any kind of artist.

The majority of settings are urban, so having experience with this is a must. Please send a resume to the above e-mail addresses. Also, check out our website, which can be found in my signature.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:22 PM   #10
Rogue Agent

Okay, our current artist has quit the project, so we're looking for a new person to takeover. Send resumes to the above listed addresses or post on the forum that is located at our website (check my sig).
Old 12-28-2005, 10:17 AM   #11
Rogue Agent

Well, for those of you who are interested in the plot of this game, take a look at our website (link is in signature) for an overview of the plot.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:42 PM   #12
Psycho Game Maker

Just to let you know your menu links does not work in Opera.
Or it could be my Admucher .
Mikes Room
Old 12-28-2005, 05:11 PM   #13
Rogue Agent

Hmm, I'm not too sure about website compatibility, but I'll post the overview of the plot here.

While on shore leave, Roger goes on a date with Bea to Xenon City. While there, Bea is kidnapped. Star Con forms a rescue mission to get their ambassador to the G6 Quadrant back and Roger requests to be a part of this mission. Admiral Toolman allows him to be a part of it, but insists on having "Star Con assistance" there too. The Star Con agent proves to be of no help to Roger and only succeeds in complicating things when he is kidnapped by two thugs. Roger must rescue both Star Con's "best available agent" and Bea.

As Roger delves further into the mysterious kidnappings, he finds two tough adversaries in the mercenary/hitman Colonel Bremerson Antiquitter and the corrupt Star Con General Ruyaq. Outnumbered and outgunned, Roger must find a way to save Bea and stop the villains before their final plan is lauched.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:52 PM   #14
Rogue Agent

Either there is a severe lack of artistically talented people in the adventure game community, they're all currently involved in a project, or nobody likes us. Which one is it y'all?

Old 01-05-2006, 02:20 PM   #15
Plumber-x company

I get a Good Name for you guys project Space Quest: Roger Wilco in mysterious Case or Space Quest: Roger Wilco and the mysterious places.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:14 PM   #16
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmman
I get a Good Name for you guys project Space Quest: Roger Wilco in mysterious Case or Space Quest: Roger Wilco and the mysterious places.
I think they already have their own title.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 01-05-2006, 03:28 PM   #17
Plumber-x company

Oh that sucks I was going to give them some names for the game if they do not have there own name for it That that is not Right.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:28 PM   #18
Sierra Fanatic

Artists are easy to find.

Good ones are not.

I've tried a few projects before; its almost not worth it to find an artist. Try doing it yourself first and foremost. I guess I'm pretty decent, but I REALLY doubt its the quality you'd be looking for.

You're probably going for the SQ4 look, but if you can't find artists, consider using a 3D Modeller like anim8or to make 3d scenes, render them at high resolution, and then resize them and pixelate a bit. I've tried and it works pretty well. 3D Modelling scenes isn't so much talent as it is patience. If nothing else works, give it a go, why not?
Old 01-05-2006, 08:32 PM   #19
Rogue Agent

Thank you for the advice. Send us what you've got, you just might find yourself a new job. Also, we've discussed it with the team, and none of us are artists (myself? I never made it past stick-figures). We've decided that it'd be easier to get someone who knows what they're doing. Seriously folks, just send a drawing or two over to us if you're interested.

As for the title, no we currently do not have a working title. We plan to title the game last, as we'd rather get a good title and keep it instead of getting a title and be forced to rename due to a plot change.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:40 PM   #20
Replicant

Send a message via AIM to inflikkt

hey thats great! another space quest project

anyone know what ever happened to http://www.sq7.org/ ??

is it still ongoing? I guess creating a game solely in leisure time between work, sleep, and life etc is a slow slow slow process.