You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Now Available: Nick Bounty 2 - The Goat in the Grey Fedora

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2005, 08:56 PM   #1

Default Now Available: Nick Bounty 2 - The Goat in the Grey Fedora

It's official! The new Nick Bounty mini mystery is now available to play online or to download for the PC and Mac!

"Detective Nick Bounty sets out to find a missing ceramic goat for the neice of a recently deceased lawyer. He soon finds out, however, that he isn't the only one looking for it! "

FEATURES:
--Beautiful pre-rendered 3D graphics.
--Black & White, "film noir" atmosphere.
--Original music and soundtrack.
--Fully voiced by professional actors!
--Available to download or play online!

The Goat in the Grey Fedora
Old 08-30-2005, 09:19 PM   #2
OB

Congrats on the new one. I liked what I played during the beta. Good luck with it.

Last edited by Orange Brat; 08-31-2005 at 06:20 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:25 AM   #3
Dungeon Master

Either I am stupid or there is some kind of bug:
Spoiler:
After I find the proper goat, I get stuck. I consulted the hints, but they mention being attacked by two thugs, and nothing like this happens. I did tell the cop at Rick's about Mr Trosser (though I hadn't actually met Trosser; is that intentional?).
Old 08-31-2005, 06:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
Either I am stupid or there is some kind of bug:
The good news is, you arent stupid!

The better news is that the bug is now fixed! For some reason the online version wasnt accessing the cut scenes.

It's all good now! Enjoy!
Old 08-31-2005, 07:58 AM   #5
Squeaky

Cool, I really enjoyed A Case of the Crabs. Downloading The Goat now - screenshots look good. Cheers .
Old 08-31-2005, 08:55 AM   #6
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarphil
Not this time, at least.
Quote:
The better news is that the bug is now fixed! For some reason the online version wasnt accessing the cut scenes.

Thanks! Needless to say, with the cutscenes I enjoyed the story much more...

Anyway, having finished the game, I must congratulate you on your splendid job. The graphical style put me off at first, but after a couple of minutes I didn't really mind. Everything else was an improvement over the Crabs (which was already very good!): the puzzles, the interface, the general polish. But for me the winning feature was the game's humour - I laughed out loud when
Spoiler:
it was revealed that Cormac is after Maltese Falcon.

And the whole plot, despite dabbling into absurd more than once (the scene in the dark room was my another favourite moment), is very close to noir stories it pays homage to in that everything tightly falls into place at the end.

As Nick Bounty would put it: "Niiiiice."
Old 08-31-2005, 09:02 AM   #7

I am so glad you you enjoyed the game! I and the other volunteers have spent alot of time trying to add polish and humor to the game to compensate for it's relative shortness. I really appreciate all the support!
Old 08-31-2005, 09:26 AM   #8
fov
Rattenmonster

Can't wait to try this. I love the Film Noir atmosphere.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:53 AM   #9
headless

Quote:

I downloaded the game yesterday (for PC) and the new bad news is, this version doesn't access the these cutscenes either (same problem AFGNCAAP described). I tried the online version today and saw the scenes I didn't see before. Is there some kind of patch for the downloadable version?

Apart from that, great game! I liked COTC very much and was really looking forward to the 'Goat'.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:32 AM   #10

When you download the game you get 3 files in the zip file. You MUST make sure that the bounty2.exe file AND the cutscenes.swf file are in the same folder on your hard drive (The other file is a readme.txt file that states this). If they are not then the game will not access the cutscenes
Old 09-01-2005, 10:21 AM   #11
headless

Quote:
You MUST make sure that the bounty2.exe file AND the cutscenes.swf file are in the same folder on your hard drive (The other file is a readme.txt file that states this).
For some ominous reason stupid me moved the the exe file to the desktop instead of creating a link. And I should read the readme files - I always knew there must be a reason they exist. But thanks for your quick reply.

Anyway, I finished the game now and I still think it's great. I hope we will see more of Nick Bounty in the future. Keep up the great work!
Old 09-01-2005, 12:22 PM   #12

Send a message via ICQ to thesleepless Send a message via MSN to thesleepless Send a message via Yahoo to thesleepless

just played it, was a wonderful game, the style the story the humour, the music were all perfectly executed.

if i had to be critical at all i'd say it's downsides were the main guy's voice was a bit awkward in places and there could have been more useless objects scattered around the place to look at, there were a few rooms that were empty and that made it feel a tiny bit rushed. but nevertheless i was very happy with it and the end made me feel all gooey inside like good movies, books and games should
Old 09-01-2005, 12:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesleepless
the end made me feel all gooey inside like good movies, books and games should

I so glad we could make you all gooey!

I really really wanted to put more items to interact with into the game, but because we were primarily designing for web-based play, we had to severly limit some of the content (Thats why the cut scenes were not as animated as I'd like). We contemplated adding in the extra content to the download version, but since we werent adding extra gameplay, just useless items (And opportunities for more jokes), we decided against it because it would have meant extending the development time.

Still, glad you enjoyed the game!
Old 09-01-2005, 01:00 PM   #14

Send a message via ICQ to thesleepless Send a message via MSN to thesleepless Send a message via Yahoo to thesleepless

i dont think it actually needed anything more graphically, of that there was plenty, but perhaps a few more of the depicted objects could have been hotspots, even if it was only to tell you a few words. but enough of the complaints,
edit: oops forgot you had voice too =p

another aspect you get 10 points for is the puzzles,
i really enjoyed the puzzles in the game, they made you think but they didnt get frustrating. perhaps the small amount of objects helps for this i'm not entirely sure.

Spoiler:
the puzzle with the lightglobes was wonderful i thought, obvious what you had to do, but the introduction of the 2nd lamp worked wonders, also the black room with the bomb was hilarious, and the objects which kept breaking as you were about to use them that was classic, it was like i know, i have the perfect tool for this puzzle, go to use it: snap, and your plans are ruined and you have to think about it in a new light.

very well done, i am now going back to play the previous one, hope you keep at it because you do a great job

Last edited by thesleepless; 09-01-2005 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:46 PM   #15

Send a message via AIM to copycat

I have just finished the game a few minutes ago on my Mac mini and all I can say is: Wow!

I love the artwork, great voice acting and the great humor! I found myself laughing out loud more than a few times - the dark room made my day!

To all the guys at Pinhead: Thank you for the joy and keep up the good work!
Old 09-02-2005, 03:57 PM   #16
Psycho Game Maker

And you get to hear my voice first thing in the game too .
Great game love playing it .
Mikes Room
Old 09-03-2005, 09:43 AM   #17
Squeaky

Just played it then. Great job. As AFGNCAAP said, an improvement on all fronts over the already highly entertaining Case of the Crabs (although the puzzles were a bit easier this time around).

Great interface, excellent presentation, good humour. The dark room scene was my favourite bit (didn't realise it was an MI homage until I read the very funny hints).

Nice work. Thanks for all your efforts. I look forward to seeing more of Nick.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:12 PM   #18

Default Website offiline

Guys,i´ve been trying to download the game,but the studio´s website just seems to be offline forever!!
Please,help!
Old 09-30-2005, 02:18 PM   #19
Super Moderator

The link at the top of this thread is working just fine for me.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:44 PM   #20

Default :(

I must be doing something veeeeery wrong,because i just tried it and couldn´t download the game.Actually,the Internet Explorer doesn´t even find the page of the Pinhead Studios and the http://www.otterarchives.com just doesn´t exist for me!!!!
What´s going on???
Is there a mirror for this game?!
I don´t understand what is wrong,please,somebody help!