You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Funniest Moment or Line from an Adventure Game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2005, 01:45 PM   #1
Adventure Game Veteran

Default Funniest Moment or Line from an Adventure Game

Just do as the title says mine wud have to be when on MI3 where you get a membership for the beach club and you can choose some things which you want to tell the cabana boy they are I will spend my time on a raft with no toothbrush, sunbathe naked, tell my lifestory to you and one that says "quiet!the voices in my head are telling my something
Old 08-21-2005, 02:49 PM   #2

I really loved the whole The Reason circular conversation in Starship Titanic.

Player: (asks about something the AI doesn't understand)
Deskbot: I can't tell you.
Player: Why not?
Deskbot: Because of... the Reason.
Player: What is the Reason?
Deskbot: I can't tell you.

Etcetera, etcetera.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:50 PM   #3
The Greater of Two Evils

Leisure Suit Larry 6

It's damp. It's yellow. It appeared right after you peed behind the truck...

...what could it be!?
Old 08-21-2005, 03:46 PM   #4
Sol Narcissus

The opening scenes of Sam N' Max. I love the line: "Throw it (a bomb) out the window, Sam! There's nothing but strangers out there!"

Warning! The above post or comment may or may not contain sarcasm and/or irony and in some cases even serious cynicism and other types of tough guy talk. Please consult the nearest dictionary to avoid embarassing misunderstandings. Remember: It's never personal.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:39 PM   #5

Maybe not the funniest, but one of the funniest: in LSL5, in the intro, Larry's employer talks to him and then the narration window says: "you understood many words from that sentence"
Old 08-21-2005, 04:43 PM   #6
Banned User

I can't remember the lines exactly, but it was in Broken Sword 2 when you're trying to get into the tribal village to speak with the chief, and you have to put stuff in the box and give it to him to get him to talk to you. I remember putting stuff in like Nico's underwear, and the guards always came back with something funny to say.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:54 PM   #7
Adventure Lover

Send a message via AIM to Boneho Chane

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
I can't remember the lines exactly, but it was in Broken Sword 2 when you're trying to get into the tribal village to speak with the chief, and you have to put stuff in the box and give it to him to get him to talk to you. I remember putting stuff in like Nico's underwear, and the guards always came back with something funny to say.
They said something like they weren't his size.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:51 PM   #8
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Guybrush Threepwood: [singing] Oh... there's... a... monkey in my pocket / And he's stealing all my change / His stare is blank and glassy / I suspect that he's deranged!

[Guybrush meets a talking skull]
Murray: I'm a powerful demonic force! I'm the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I STRIDE through the gates of hell carrying your head on a pike!
Guybrush Threepwood: Stride?
Murray: All right then, roll! ROLL through the gates of hell. Must you take the fun out of everything?
Old 08-21-2005, 07:07 PM   #9
SamNMax

Sam: "Words like 'big' and 'large' only begin to describe this"
Max: "'Stupid' and 'inane' are the words I like to use"

Gary Owens: "It doesn't smell great, but it smells better than you"

Guybrush: "What's with all the dead animals?"
Ozzie: "I like having them around. They remind me where I came from"
Guybrush: "Burbank?"

Old 08-22-2005, 11:19 AM   #10
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

Hmm.

Funniest lines, there's a lot of them, I can't pick just one.

But off the top of my head, I've always liked Brink's Geek Insults 101 bits in The Dig:

"Come here, you phlegm-carapaced slime-faced mucus-brained furry-legged abductor of luminously intelligent but pulchritudinous Earth women!"
(pause)
"Low, you idiot! Why are you standing there?"
"I'm still trying to figure out what you said."

And, of course, the follow-up:

"Come on, you ponderous exoskeleton... you cocoon-eating lobster-faced cave-dwelling arthropoidal alimentary sphincter muscle!"

But then, I love geekifying insults.

Funniest *moment*, however, is easy for me... it's the behind-the-wall fight scene in Secret of Monkey Island. I've always been rather fond of literary moments that play heavily on the audience's imagination (like the Grue, for instance), and IMHO this is the best funny moment of that sort I've seen in a game. Not only that, but it was a brilliant twist on using the SCUMM parser text line. Is there anyone out there who didn't fall over laughing seeing things like "Use staple remover on tremendous dangerous-looking yak"?

Peace & Luv, Liz
Old 08-22-2005, 11:52 AM   #11
Headbanger

I think Murray beats everything I 've seen. That's humor.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:06 AM   #12
Fulci lives

Myst was once referenced to in the Simpsons, in the episode Treehouse Of Horror VI (episode #134).
Quote:
Homer3:
Homer finds a strange area in their house behind the bookcase. When he steps through it Homer becomes three-dimensional.
While he´s in that weird dimension he comes across one of the houses from the first Myst!

Pretty funny, eh? Who´d a thought they would acknowlodge adventure games in the simpsons!?
Old 02-18-2006, 12:06 PM   #13
Translate Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
But then, I love geekifying insults.
Then you might enjoy the Abecedarian Insult from Peter Bowler's Superior Person's Book of Words.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:24 AM   #14
0_0

Hmmm... I have quite a few:

SIMON THE SORCERER:

Simon: Sorry, I was just looking for the restroom, I mean toilet. (looks towards screen) Well, that'll keep the Yanks happy anyway.

Simon: It is impossible to strike up an intelligent conversation with and inanimate object.

Gerald: Just wait for the next game, kid.
Max: Game. Yeah.
Gerald: I'm gonna, like, turn you into an 'andbag.
Max: 'Andbag. Yeah.
Gerald: Stop, like, repeating everyhting I say.
Max: Say. Yeah.

Woodworm: No-one ever thinks a woodworm has anything to say. Racism, I tell ya. Pure bloody racism!

GRIM FANDANGO:

Police Chief Bogen: Funny. I always thought that bees came in two colours: Yellow and Black. But you seem all RED to me, my friend.

Glottis: Before, we scraped along the ground like rats, but now we soar, like eagles... like EAGLES... ON POGO STICKS!

MONKEY ISLAND:

Guybrush: What is this? Midget wrestling?

Guybrush: Maybe we'd avoid scurvy if we all eat an orange.
Van Helgen: Um... doorhinge?
Old 02-19-2006, 02:53 AM   #15
Schoolgirl From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakSquash
*giggles* Oh yeah, you made me remember what they said about National Geography documentaries... something about being their extras or something.

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 02-19-2006, 03:44 AM   #16
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Manny: "So, your not really a secretary?"

Eva: "I'm a spy Manny."

Manny: "Well...that's the last time we use that temp agency."

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!
Old 02-19-2006, 03:48 AM   #17
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Well, I was thinking of the skeleton dance in Monkey Island 2, but now that it's been mentioned I have to admit the entire scene in Secret of Monkey Island in Elaine's mansion is even more hilarious. I especially loved the dialogue tree at the end.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:07 AM   #18

The funniest lines, I think, are the various descriptions that Tex Murphy has for the artwork scattered around. One I remember particularly well from The Pandora Directive was "I call this one 'Sam and Max hit a ditch'."
Old 02-19-2006, 05:30 AM   #19
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamham Chan
Myst was once referenced to in the Simpsons, in the episode Treehouse Of Horror VI (episode #134).

While he´s in that weird dimension he comes across one of the houses from the first Myst!

Pretty funny, eh? Who´d a thought they would acknowlodge adventure games in the simpsons!?

Heh heh, I remember that episode!

It has been only aired once in Finland if I remember correctly. It was weird to see a 3d animated Homer in a real world environment .
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:48 AM   #20

"Stupid, stupid Rat Creatures!", as uttered by Fone Bone in Out from Boneville was rather funny too...