You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Cliff Johnson's The Fool and his Money

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2005, 04:52 AM   #1
Dungeon Master

Default Cliff Johnson's The Fool and his Money

...and if you don't know who Cliff Johnson is, check out this Adventuregamers feature. After what must be the longest interval in the games' history (18 years), the sequel to incredible Fool's Errand, a puzzle-book-come-true experience is to be released this November.

Unfortunately, it looks as the game will be distributed only via Johnson's website, and at a pretty steep price level.

More info at http://www.fools-errand.com/05-the-f...oney/index.htm
Old 08-04-2005, 05:59 AM   #2
LA-S-LE

But there's a chance that after this game Cliff will return to the industry. And these are really good news, as he is a very talanted man. The original Fools Errand is easily one of the best puzzle games, and so is 3 in Three
Old 08-04-2005, 06:23 AM   #3
Dungeon Master

I've got yet to download 3 in Three (will do it some day), but Fool's Errand made me play almost non-stop for a couple of days until I completed it. It is a work of genius indeed. I have especially fond memories of the vanishing/escaping button puzzles which made me bang my head against the wall for days, and then laughing cheerfully as soon as I solved them.

By the way, on his website Johnson does mention making both Fool and 3 series into trilogies eventually, but there's nothing concrete except for the planned titles.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:36 AM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

Thanks for the info! Very interesting, indeed.

I agree the price is steep though.

I never finished the Fool's Errand. Always got like *this* close and then didn't follow through. Maybe I'll try again.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:11 AM   #5
Dungeon Master

After dozens of delays (and I am not exaggerating, people, just look when this thread was started), at one point I stopped checking up what's happening with this game, but colpet's post elsewhere reminded me of its existence. And it's actually supposed to be nearing completion this time! There is even an interactive "teaser" to download (scroll down the page to find it). Whoo!