You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2005, 10:10 AM   #21
Broken Sword geek :P

Send a message via MSN to mariusmal

try to buy the momento of silence. i think it was released last year, i liked it a lot

http://www.themomentofsilence.com/

Broken sword zone. news articles and info about the saga including broken sword 4 of course. http://www.bszone.tk/
(thx from all the staff)

any adventure gamer who wants to chat. feel free to msn me
Old 07-30-2005, 10:19 AM   #22
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Type
If you want some serious Sci-fi, try Gateway 1-2 and Mission Critical by Legend; Dig, as it was said; Chronomaster, written and designed by Roger Zelazny; and Altered Destiny, not well-known, but still very good game.
And for non-serious Sci-fi you can also try Callahans Crosstime Saloon (though it is somewhat a mix of different genres), also by Legend; Feeble Files, defenetly; Space Quest series, Rex Nebular, Innocent Until Caught 1-2..
VERY good choices! I think Chronomaster is one of the best 'hard' Sci-Fi games ever.

Add to that list Neuromancer and the original (and best) Star Trek games by Interplay. Also, the timeless A Mind Forever Voyaging and, while not strictly adventure, Bloodnet is a very good and atmospheric "vampires-meet-Blade-Runner" game.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusmal
try to buy the momento of silence. i think it was released last year, i liked it a lot

Is the game boxed if i order it from there and are the instructions on the disc?

Last edited by Reflection; 07-30-2005 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:22 PM   #24
Master of Time and Space

I will not say nothing new, I will only stress out 2 games that are not 100% adventure.

1. Anachronox --> mostly RPG (although contains plenty of quests) but what a story!
2. Omikron: The Nomad Soul --> minus the bad action scenes; a real cyberpunk athmosphere (the AI controlling the world, for example), released in 1999 it falls into the avant-guarde category (it seems ) ; revolutionary in some aspects, but fails in others; nevertheless worth playing;
Playing: Omikron: The Nomad Soul Next: Sanitarium Replaying: QFG IV: Shadows of Darkness, Grim Fandango, Syberia Waiting for: Max Payne 3, Deus Ex 3, American McGee's OZ, The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Fahrenheit, Anachronox 2 (if they ever make it)
Old 07-31-2005, 08:53 PM   #25
Final Fantasy IXer

I'm not sure if you can even still get this, you'll probably have to go through EBAY or one of those 2nd hand merchants at amazon.com, but have you played Star Trek: A Final Unity. It's easily one of the best games ever made!
Old 07-31-2005, 11:16 PM   #26
adventurefan99

Even though not an adventure game (more of a combination of Action/RPG with small elements of adventure) I would highly recommend 'Deus Ex'. It has a deep, complex story; a very interactive game world; the story changes depending on decisions you make within the game; and over 30 hours of gameplay!

This would have to one of my personal favourite games and IMO would definately appeal to fans of Sci-Fi similar to 'Blade-Runner'
Old 08-02-2005, 08:57 AM   #27
Gombeto

try legacy.... people connect it with nightlong and blade runner.

i haven't played it but i've heard that it was bugged one.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:27 AM   #28
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusmal

I really liked the moment of silence, but it did the a while to get into the story line.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:12 PM   #29

I really like the look of The Moment Of Silence, so I bought a copy on eBay.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:00 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflection
I really like the look of The Moment Of Silence, so I bought a copy on eBay.

moment of silence is a decent game.
intriguing story line that has alot of red herrings and shows how different philosophies interpret the evils of technological society in their own way.
the story slowly evolves into it's unnerving, yet somewhat expected climax.

the puzzles are divided into the "lowlevel" practical puzzles involving common sense and cause/effect reasoning with objects, and the "highlevel" abstract puzzles involving the evaluation of logical and scientific rules.
there are about 3 high level abstract puzzles.

sometimes it's too easy to use trial and error reasoning to solve a problem.
I did that with the second highlevel puzzle, yet then understood the "rule" after i solved it.

all in all, a good game.
the major flaw is that for all the EXTENSIVE dialogue, your story really isn't effected by the choices you make while communicating.
oh well.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:28 AM   #31

If you are looking for a blade runner feel, I think Rise of the dragon would be your choice.

Last edited by AndreaDraco83; 02-02-2009 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Link not admitted
Old 02-02-2009, 03:31 AM   #32

I´d also recommend Dreemweb, BloodNet and Perry Rhodan. First two are cyberpunk, but seeing as you have Nightlong on your list...
Old 06-13-2010, 11:15 AM   #33

I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet, but there is a game I played a long time ago called "The Orion Conspiracy," that was pretty cool. Sci-fi plus intrigue. It starts out you play a man who finds out his son, who works on a space station, died in an accident and you go to attend his funeral on the station. Needless to say, things aren't as they seem and soon you start to suspect it wasn't an accident. Pretty good third person point and click adventure. For some reason I rarely hear it mentioned (there isn't even a youtube video on it... of course, there isn't of chronomaster either)
Old 06-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #34
The hell of it all

Don't know if anyone has mentioned Culpa Innata?

Tends to get overlooked but I enjoyed it. Their is some similarity to Blade Runner in that you are leading an investigation. The concept is quite unique in how you approach the investigation.

There is also darkfate - a free indie title that I loved. you can download it from here

Outcry has some Sci-Fi elements to it. Seems that people either love that game or hate it.

If you fancy something a bit different try the rather addictive Uplink there is a demo to download

Hope some of them take your fancy

Playing
Digital - A love story
Very soon - Amnesia!!